5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone use"Costco"buyer plan

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used it for my purchase and with what my previous truck and dealer incentives.it all came to 20K nothing out of "pocket"so if anyone is thinking of using it.."Do it"

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't quite understand your math, but yes I used it last August. Don't know that I got a great deal, but it was better than doing a lot of dealer shopping and there was little to no hassle with the sales staff. Second vehicle purchased with Costco in the last 18 months. Definitely worth looking at if you are a member.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used the "Costco",dealer incentives.and how much my "Avalanche" was worth as a trade in also.after it was all said and done.that what it all came to with nothing out my pocket.sorry i should have been more "CLEAR". didnt want to bore you all with details:sleep:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Details Matter! Can you give us the MSRP, and what you paid before tax, title, reg, and trade allowance? That's the only way to really tell how much benefit the Costco program got you, and would get others.

BTW, welcome and congrats on the new truck! What trim / motor / etc did you get?

(Also, toss your truck info in your sig, it helps a lot around here!)

Raptor2099

Reaction score
I used the Costco program and it got me about 4K off the retail along with an additional 2.5K off from incentives and I pulled an additional 1K off haggling with the dealer, which I think I could've done a little better but I was too excited to get this truck in my hands lol. It's not bad, but I think if I went in cold without Costco program I could get them down the same amount, however it was definitely an easy process. Better yet the Costco program also gets you 15% off parts so I used that for 15% off tonneau and matte black running boards.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Details Matter! Can you give us the MSRP, and what you paid before tax, title, reg, and trade allowance? That's the only way to really tell how much benefit the Costco program got you, and would get others.

BTW, welcome and congrats on the new truck! What trim / motor / etc did you get?

sorry for the lack of info.im a "newbie".:D.the "MRSP"is 47.5K. i think after tax it came to about 43-47K.i used my( "veteran discount"also)and i used my "avalanche07" to that help so much also and the low mileage.even the manager came out about my deal(of all people he was excited)Usually people never get that much with "nothing out of pocket".one happy new owner:love:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i didnt want to add more detail about the truck.didnt want to bore you all(since were all 5th gen:LOL:)

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the Costco program and it got me about 4K off the retail along with an additional 2.5K off from incentives and I pulled an additional 1K off haggling with the dealer, which I think I could've done a little better but I was too excited to get this truck in my hands lol. It's not bad, but I think if I went in cold without Costco program I could get them down the same amount, however it was definitely an easy process. Better yet the Costco program also gets you 15% off parts so I used that for 15% off tonneau and matte black running boards.

Wow! i didnt know all that!...thanks/i also got a flyer from them i the mail.showing the now sell"cover king seat covers to for your new ram.almost $100.00 dollar discount!

Huskymush

Reaction score
In the process of buying through the program now, current discount price is invoice-$1350

Deriggs007

Reaction score
You can usually do better if you work directly with the dealer. These programs that are offered are middle of the ground scenarios. For example, I've tried both the USAA and the Costco pgrms and they're about the same in pricing, which was about $5K+ more than what I got my truck for by actually shopping around (this was BEFORE negotiations)

Most of the time, the internet price was cheaper than the program offers.

Tl;dr - Just do your research both with programs and the long handed dealer shenanigans to get the best price.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can usually do better if you work directly with the dealer. These programs that are offered are middle of the ground scenarios. For example, I've tried both the USAA and the Costco pgrms and they're about the same in pricing, which was about $5K+ more than what I got my truck for by actually shopping around (this was BEFORE negotiations)

Most of the time, the internet price was cheaper than the program offers.

Tl;dr - Just do your research both with programs and the long handed dealer shenanigans to get the best price.

Yeah, as a former car salesman myself Costco Programs are just for people who don’t know how to negotiate. They think that is a deal and take the “deal” which we gladly accepted. You can always out haggle the program price........HOWEVER.....certain times of the year with certain brands Costco will do stuff on their end like the Chevy Holiday Sales event. Last Christmas we leased a Traverse for my wife and on top of my haggle deal Costco gave us a $700 Costco cash card......which little known fact, you can take to customer service at Costco and actually cash out. I walked out with 7 crisp $100 bills to buy Christmas presents with.

YawnY

Reaction score
I didn't use the Costco plan, but got almost 20k (cdn) off of the sticker price on the truck I ordered.

tul9033

Reaction score
Are you guys negotiating much below invoice? I can get affiliate pricing (invoice -1%) plus incentives. Unless I can get into employee pricing and pry some hold back from their grips I'm not seeing much more room for reductions.

Cornsilky

Reaction score
Are you guys negotiating much below invoice? I can get affiliate pricing (invoice -1%) plus incentives. Unless I can get into employee pricing and pry some hold back from their grips I'm not seeing much more room for reductions.
Not sure where you're at, but should be able to do better than that. My MSRP was 65,695. Invoice was around $60k. I negotiated $55k flat including a tonneau cover that wasn't part of the build. An initial 5-min phone call and a quick follow-up call was all it took. I'm sure I could have gotten it at least $1k cheaper, but it was at a price I was happy with and wasn't interested in a grueling negotiation.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sticker was $57,000 (weird right? But it was on the nose). I don’t know what invoice was but I bought it for $44,350 plus tax/tag.

tul9033

Reaction score
Not sure where you're at, but should be able to do better than that. My MSRP was 65,695. Invoice was around $60k. I negotiated $55k flat including a tonneau cover that wasn't part of the build. An initial 5-min phone call and a quick follow-up call was all it took. I'm sure I could have gotten it at least $1k cheaper, but it was at a price I was happy with and wasn't interested in a grueling negotiation.

I guess I should of mentioned I was pricing a limited. The Big Horns are being discounted 20% off MSRP right now. I am in OK by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread