5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone removed their door panel yet?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my drivers door panel replaced under warrantee because it was damaged from factory. Since they replaced it my interior door handle sticks after driving for a long period of time, almost like the latch cable is too tight. I’d rather mess with it myself than waste a day at the dealer. Any advice?

Fidomac

Reaction score
I had my drivers door panel replaced under warrantee because it was damaged from factory. Since they replaced it my interior door handle sticks after driving for a long period of time, almost like the latch cable is too tight. I’d rather mess with it myself than waste a day at the dealer. Any advice?
Might try a little lube first... do you think it's the linkage binding or just the handle binding against the trim panel?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they probably kinked the cable, because the door panel dropped with the handle still attached.

they come out very hard, start at the bottom corners with pry tool and once they start popping, they will come easier..be careful not to bend on the manual lock push button too much either until it slips out.

it is hard though, you feel like your going to break the door panel..re-installing is tough you, I had to punch the door panel on like I was O.J.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they probably kinked the cable, because the door panel dropped with the handle still attached.

they come out very hard, start at the bottom corners with pry tool and once they start popping, they will come easier..be careful not to bend on the manual lock push button too much either until it slips out.

it is hard though, you feel like your going to break the door panel..re-installing is tough you, I had to punch the door panel on like I was O.J.
One of the things I *hate* about the modern way of attaching stuff. I couldn't care less about exposed screw heads - I wish they put these things together with screws, and plastic caps if they didn't want to see the screws, rather than the plastic push-pins. You feel like you're going to break something because eventually you are going to break something. Those plastic push pins and the door panel areas can usually only take being put on/off a handful of times before they start to snap. And once that happens, you either have a loose spot or you buy a new panel.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Here is instructions someone else posted on a different thread.

Attachments

• Front Door - Door Trim Panel - Removal and Installation.pdf
    875.7 KB · Views: 115

Ripcurl134

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone knew what the part# for the rear door clip? This would be for the passenger rear door towards the bottom. These clips are black and ever since the dealer removed the door panel they no longer snap back in.

Rick J

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone knew what the part# for the rear door clip? This would be for the passenger rear door towards the bottom. These clips are black and ever since the dealer removed the door panel they no longer snap back in.
Is this what you need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online