5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed a Whipple on a 2019 Ram yet?

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
Ive modded just about every vehicle ive owned and while I dont want to go nuts with this, I was thinking about slapping a whipple on it... Unfortunately my google fu was unable to find anyone else that has put one on to see if there is any surging/drivability issues, weird issues or anything else that makes it unpleasant. Ive installed tons of these on GM and Ford without issue, my Tundra with a Magnuson was an absolute nightmare, and other than my SRT8 that I did head/cam on, I havent really tinkered with Dodge products.

Thoughts? Links? If Mike or anyone at Whipple browses on here, any dyno graphs, videos or other info?

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I’m curious to hear the input on this, as well. My interest with supercharging my new ram is pretty high, so I’d love to see this become a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll have to get an unlocked PCM. You would need to remove your PCM and send it to HP Tuners to unlock it (unless you have a spare). That's too rich for me; once that PCM is modified like that I doubt FCA would honor any type of warranty.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
You'll have to get an unlocked PCM. You would need to remove your PCM and send it to HP Tuners to unlock it (unless you have a spare). That's too rich for me; once that PCM is modified like that I doubt FCA would honor any type of warranty.
They can sell you a spare pcm so the new programing can be swapped with the factory easy enough. But if something does go wrong with the non factory supercharged powertrain you can bet your butt they will point at the blower. If people go this route they better prepare to shoulder the cost of a powertrain just in case. Been there before.

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
Ive been tuning for 14 years, that doesn't bother me in the slightest seeing how generally the Whipple voids the warranty long before the PCM is an issue. Whipple does offer an aftermarket warranty for powertrain coverage for about $600 if I remember correctly that mirrors the factory warranty.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Keep this thread going, that is something I am interested in if the TRX is way out of my league.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any numbers or other details you’ve heard on that?
Yeah I got some feedback from the guy. He was the original beta tester and posted on here a little. It delivers about 150-160 extra horsepower they say at 7 psi of boost. I’ll be able to tell you personally shortly hopefully as I’ve signed up to be a beta tester for the etorque hemi with procharger myself.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I got some feedback from the guy. He was the original beta tester and posted on here a little. It delivers about 150-160 extra horsepower they say at 7 psi of boost. I’ll be able to tell you personally shortly hopefully as I’ve signed up to be a beta tester for the etorque hemi with procharger myself.
Niiiiice.

itsdapk

Reaction score
I'm about to install a Hamburgers Supercharger on my 19 I just picked up last week. They are finishing the Jeep Gladiator and starting on mine. Kit will be 50 state legal and includes 3yr/36k powertrain warranty. Kit makes 575 hp at the crank.

itsdapk

Reaction score
Unless mopar released a supercharger, it won’t be warrantied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hamburger's Superchargers includes a 3 year 36k powertrain warranty and is 50 state legal. They used to be SLP before they sold to Roush.

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
Hamburger's Superchargers includes a 3 year 36k powertrain warranty and is 50 state legal. They used to be SLP before they sold to Roush.
Unfortunately its an aftermarket warranty and likely has limitations of coverage, as well as no specific details on if they use new, used or reman parts. Whipple, Vortech and just about every other blower company offer a similar warranty, however its pretty much guaranteed your factory warranty is nuked. The only way some manufacturers get around that is if its a factory offered kit such as Ford does with their Ford Racing kits, but they have to be dealer installed at time of purchase before taking delivery, but even then, the stipulations are ZERO modifications to the system, no racing, and many other ways out if/when you make a claim against it.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm about to install a Hamburgers Supercharger on my 19 I just picked up last week. They are finishing the Jeep Gladiator and starting on mine. Kit will be 50 state legal and includes 3yr/36k powertrain warranty. Kit makes 575 hp at the crank.
Did yours get installed?

itsdapk

Reaction score
Unfortunately its an aftermarket warranty and likely has limitations of coverage, as well as no specific details on if they use new, used or reman parts. Whipple, Vortech and just about every other blower company offer a similar warranty, however its pretty much guaranteed your factory warranty is nuked. The only way some manufacturers get around that is if its a factory offered kit such as Ford does with their Ford Racing kits, but they have to be dealer installed at time of purchase before taking delivery, but even then, the stipulations are ZERO modifications to the system, no racing, and many other ways out if/when you make a claim against it.
It's an inhouse warranty. Not like others 3rd party warranties. The warranty their 1000 hp Yenko Corvettes and Camaro's. Pretty putting used parts would cost them more $ having the same failure. The same people also built 55, 000 vehicles for GM in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing it to mine since I couldn't get the eTorque.
Told the dealer I was going to -- and (as stated above) if Mopar put one out then dealer would install and I'd still keep my warranty.

I'm trying to get in touch with an old Mustang buddy of mine I sold my Procharger to .. he never installed it, so I can buy the head unit back - was going to install it on my Durango R/T .. But I do like the satin black procharger unit -- but I'm REALLY wanting a roots style.

Which kit did you get? I see 2 (although they do say Classic, I'm sure the PCM & tuning would be tweaked correctly.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason this wouldnt work?

Or

Users who are viewing this thread