5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hail Damage

Brandon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this. Recently had some bad hail damage to my truck. It was parked outside and we had a wicked storm. Golf ball sized hail for about 5-10 minutes. Just hammered down on the 17, the ol' 12 valve, and my girlfriend's Jeep. Biggest thing is that we're all OK (horses included).

If you have a truck outside, may be a good idea to get a shelter or garage of some sort to park it in. Never seen any hail like this. Kicking myself for not having a lean-to or something (the garage fortunately had the 04 in it).

It'll all be covered under insurance, but so far I'm looking at a new hood, possibly new roof, and every single other body panel has at least 3-4 dents (probably 100 on the roof). When I get it in, it'll be about 2 weeks or so with no truck!

Crazy weather we're having lately!

Attachments

• 20180726_193051.jpg
    20180726_193051.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • received_10160628711765228.jpeg
    received_10160628711765228.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 45

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this. Recently had some bad hail damage to my truck. It was parked outside and we had a wicked storm. Golf ball sized hail for about 5-10 minutes. Just hammered down on the 17, the ol' 12 valve, and my girlfriend's Jeep. Biggest thing is that we're all OK (horses included).

If you have a truck outside, may be a good idea to get a shelter or garage of some sort to park it in. Never seen any hail like this. Kicking myself for not having a lean-to or something (the garage fortunately had the 04 in it).

It'll all be covered under insurance, but so far I'm looking at a new hood, possibly new roof, and every single other body panel has at least 3-4 dents (probably 100 on the roof). When I get it in, it'll be about 2 weeks or so with no truck!

Crazy weather we're having lately!
Glad your ok. That size of hail for that long is going to do some damage. I guess you have checked the roof of your home.

Brandon

Reaction score
Glad your ok. That size of hail for that long is going to do some damage. I guess you have checked the roof of your home.

Yeah it was pretty wild. The roof seems OK, but the railing of the deck are a bit marked up. It definitely could've been worse but I'm still finding damaged things around the property.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Yeah it was pretty wild. The roof seems OK, but the railing of the deck are a bit marked up. It definitely could've been worse but I'm still finding damaged things around the property.
I would have a roofer take a look at it. I went thru a similar storm a few years back. I noticed a small amount, did not think much of it. Like you, I was worried about the car damage. A week later a friend of mine that is a carpenter dropped by to help me with some deck repair and noticed it right away. I called my insurance co., they sent adjuster out and a few days later they told me to get 3 quotes. They replaced the whole roof, less deductible.

Brandon

Reaction score
I would have a roofer take a look at it. I went thru a similar storm a few years back. I noticed a small amount, did not think much of it. Like you, I was worried about the car damage. A week later a friend of mine that is a carpenter dropped by to help me with some deck repair and noticed it right away. I called my insurance co., they sent adjuster out and a few days later they told me to get 3 quotes. They replaced the whole roof, less deductible.

Oh wow. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take a closer look. I'll see if I can get someone to look at it too.

Users who are viewing this thread