5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had some system updates done today.

RBRK

Reaction score
Went in and had the recall flash for the adaptive cruise, radar collision avoidance whatever done, also had the amp update done, sounds a lot better and louder. Also, there were several other system updates, including the transmission, it seems to shift a lot nicer now. The description says, improved shift quality, and so far I would say it is. I Haven’t felt the harsh downshift like I had before. Unfortunately there were no HVAC updates, so maybe someday soon.

Overall I think 6 systems were updated with improvements. Took almost an hour to get it done.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Went in and had the recall flash for the adaptive cruise, radar collision avoidance whatever done, also had the amp update done, sounds a lot better and louder. Also, there were several other system updates, including the transmission, it seems to shift a lot nicer now. The description says, improved shift quality, and so far I would say it is. I Haven’t felt the harsh downshift like I had before. Unfortunately there were no HVAC updates, so maybe someday soon.

Overall I think 6 systems were updated with improvements. Took almost an hour to get it done.

Glad to hear you got some improvements. Would be helpful for everyone to know your build date. Someone recommended to me that I add it to my signature.

RBRK

Reaction score
I will have to check but I ordered my truck and got it June 4 so build date is approx a couple weeks before.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was also built in June. Can you post your work orders so I can tell if my truck needs these updates and recalls too?

RBRK

Reaction score
I don’t have a work order, my friend is a tech at the dealership. He just did it and usually writes it up afterwards.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have a work order, my friend is a tech at the dealership. He just did it and usually writes it up afterwards.
Okay, if you have a list of the updates that were done please share.

RBRK

Reaction score
ABS, Tansmission, Amp,PCM,Park Assist that’s the best I can remember. The park assist doesn’t slam the brakes on too quick like it used to the trans shifts a lot better. The ABS was the recall for a throttle issue when using the adaptive cruise. The Amp makes the stereo a lot louder. There were some other small stuff like the clicking of stuff when starting etc. It still has the occasional loud clank from what I believe it something to do with the transmission auto park lock mechanism. Did I mention the trans shifts much better? I’m happy about that it is more sensitive to throttle input and downshifts quick. No harsh ups and downs anymore. Now they just need a HVAC update to fix the issues with it.

Shaunt13

Reaction score

What speaker system do u have...6, 9, harmon kardon

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ABS, Tansmission, Amp,PCM,Park Assist that’s the best I can remember. The park assist doesn’t slam the brakes on too quick like it used to the trans shifts a lot better. The ABS was the recall for a throttle issue when using the adaptive cruise. The Amp makes the stereo a lot louder. There were some other small stuff like the clicking of stuff when starting etc. It still has the occasional loud clank from what I believe it something to do with the transmission auto park lock mechanism. Did I mention the trans shifts much better? I’m happy about that it is more sensitive to throttle input and downshifts quick. No harsh ups and downs anymore. Now they just need a HVAC update to fix the issues with it.
My truck was just at the dealer and they told me there was nothing outstanding to take care of. They are dumb and useless AF so if you have something that I could print out and bring them that would be great.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
The latest update is for all 2019 Rams. Everyone needs to have it done.

I was driving in the tunnel underneath Boston when my truck started lighting up the warning lights on my dash and slowing to 10 mph. This was during rush hour and the last place on earth you want to break down. So with everything telling me to stop and kept going until out of that darn death trap and at least could pull over on elevated death trap with more room to pull over.

This is when I turned off the engine and checked oil and my pulse. All the other warning lights except check engine reset. Drove to a dealer and they updated the program in hopes that worked to reset the check engine light. It did but no one knew what the cause of the problem was to begin with. They were the ones that told me the update just came out and to be done an all trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread