5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking the factory settings on 2020 Longhorn

Calmverbs

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the forum.
I'm looking for a security bypass cable for a 2019-2020 Longhorn.
I prematurely bought an OBDlinkmx+ Thinking I could just connect it.
WRONG!!!
It seems that the things I need are not available for the 2020 models.
I want to make some changes to the factory settings using...
AEV PROCAL BYPASS HARNESS KIT to enable OBDMX+ with AlphaOBD to make the changes
I can't even find clear info that this approach will definitely work.
Is there another way? No way? Or A way to get at those settings?
Thanks and sorry if these questions were already asked.

Shives

Reaction score
Kaodtech Google them. They make a cable. Or, Zautomotive makes a bypass! The Tazer will also accomplish the same! (Removes the SGW, and allows your MX to talk)!

Calmverbs

Reaction score
Shives thanks for the info! I did come across those sites and they are all 2019 and under (in the fine print). None of these companies for whatever reason despite being this close to 2021 have tech for the 2020 models. But if you come across anything for the 2020 models please post......Thanks

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Shives thanks for the info! I did come across those sites and they are all 2019 and under (in the fine print). None of these companies for whatever reason despite being this close to 2021 have tech for the 2020 models. But if you come across anything for the 2020 models please post......Thanks
This one definitely works on the 2020 SGW:

Users who are viewing this thread