5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Saints

Reaction score
Do you know when custom tuning will be available? I'd love to have the throttle response more like "Tow" and tuning to accommodate exhaust, intake, and 93 Octane. "Performance" gets a little hairy when jumping into traffic or emergency maneuvers.
Are you saying that the Tazer could be updated to do similar functions as the Pedal Commander or Pulsar?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
OK guys...having mixed success here so need some help. I am all plugged in and followed the instructions to a tee. I cannot get to the MARRY portion of the menu. With the IGN off, I see "Light Show" and "AUTO Key" and they just keep cycling between the two and nothing more. With the engine running, I was able to set the "IN MOTION" and "AUTO MIRRORS" and anything else I wanted to but have never been able to MARRY the device and get no UNMARRY option either. What am I missing??? Thanks

M

Mdegen93

OK guys...having mixed success here so need some help. I am all plugged in and followed the instructions to a tee. I cannot get to the MARRY portion of the menu. With the IGN off, I see "Light Show" and "AUTO Key" and they just keep cycling between the two and nothing more. With the engine running, I was able to set the "IN MOTION" and "AUTO MIRRORS" and anything else I wanted to but have never been able to MARRY the device and get no UNMARRY option either. What am I missing??? Thanks
Do you have the engine off but the ignition in run?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
BIG shout-out to the tech support at Tazer. They allow you to message them on their website for support. Sent them a text...before I got my answer from @Mdegen93, and they followed up within 10 minutes...now THAT is EXCELLENT customer service and support!!! Never witnessed anything like it before from any other company on a Saturday afternoon...simply AWESOME!

cwwood2006

Reaction score
Some info what its capable of :

Settings – once the Tazer is “married” to the Ram, the following menus can be accessed. Unmarrying the Tazer DT will bring the settings back to stock.
Perf menu:
Adjust for alternate tire sizes up to 41″
Adjust for alternate axle gear ratios
Adjust for an alternate transfer case LO range ratio
TPMS menu:
Disable the TPMS system if desired
Change front/rear TPMS warning PSI limit
Radio menu:
Disable Backup camera
Enable Cargo/front/undercarriage Camera input
Enable CD audio input
Disable TravelLink (weather warnings included)
Lighting Menu:
Change DRL location
Disable DRL Dropout
Enable Fog lamp output
Disable Fog lamp dropout
Disable one-touch lane change
Disable Halo’s
Set LED 3rd brake light type
Set LED Fog light type
Set LED tail lamp type
Set LED front turn signal type
Set Trailer Tow output for use with Mopar kit
Other menu:
Disable/Enable Front and Rear Lockers (for axle swap on Powerwagon)
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio
Enable Blind spot detection (sensors required)
Change cluster splash screen to various Ram models
Enable/Disable PANIC button on remote
Live features:
Light shows: Can be accessed from the key fob or from the on-screen menu. 6 pre-set light shows and 3 make-your-own shows included. Set from the factory to only operate when parked, but can be unlocked for off-road, parade, and emergency personnel use.
Automatic Power folding mirrors – mirrors fold and extend when the ignition is turned on/off
Control front windows up/down from keyfob
Disable Navigation in-motion lockout – enter addresses while the vehicle is moving
Disable camera lockout – use the backup camera and/or added cargo/front/undercarriage camera at any speed for any length of time
Auto Traction Kill – remembers the last state of traction control and will set it on start-up
Auto StopStart Disable – remembers the last state of ESS system and will set it on start-up
Auto Tow Mode – remembers the last state of Tow mode and will set it on start-up
TurnCAM – can turn on backup camera whenever turn signals are used
0-30 and 0-60 timers
Cooldown mode – run engine fans when Ram is off, to aid in cooldown
Winch mode – raise engine idle to 2000 RPM while winching or jumping another vehicle
Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle still, especially helpful when off-road.
Button Mapping: Use cruise up, down and right buttons as quick-access to some of Tazer DT’s functions, when cruise control is off
Clear Check engine light
Free USB updates – certainly more to come!
Interested as well

jojopinto

Reaction score
Interested in a group buy if you start another.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Max Limited

Reaction score
SecurityGuy
I have the limited also, so with the push button start, how do you go to "Run" without the engine starting. I have not installed my Taser yet but hopefully get to this weekend. I would have put it in ACC also. Thanks for any insight.

mike12193

Reaction score
SecurityGuy
I have the limited also, so with the push button start, how do you go to "Run" without the engine starting. I have not installed my Taser yet but hopefully get to this weekend. I would have put it in ACC also. Thanks for any insight.

Don’t step on the brake. That should get you into the run position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagtyson

Reaction score
I have a pulsar installed but based on ExcursionD's test of both together I would be interested in the next group buy, knowing that at present the tazer on the fly functionality is limited.

Last edited:

Shannonw

Reaction score
Curious as to what the price was, with the group buy. Is it worth waiting to get a group going? I would say if I'm only saving like 30$ I'm not patient enough for that.

Users who are viewing this thread