5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise at low speed while turning, parking speeds.

Albrock

Reaction score
I've noticed a grinding noise when I'm turning primarily left but it will also make it while turning right. The brakes aren't applied, it's more like when you're coasting while turning into your driveway or a parking spot. Can feel and hear it inside cab, floor, a d steering wheel. It seems to be an issue. I'm 3,000 miles over my warranty, is there going to be any type of recall for this. I've never had so many issues with a vehicle in my life. Picture is attached, don't know if that helps. I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday but would like to have some info before I go so I don't hear, we can't replicate the problem, after having my vehicle all day.

Attachments

• 20210617_113500.jpg
    20210617_113500.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 27

Floyd

Reaction score
Similar problem, but turning right at parking speeds. Brought it, Svc Mgr nodded when I told him as if it is a known issue. Checked it out and they ordered a new steering rack. Replaced and seems to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread