5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille lights tap to parking lights help?

Drumnut14

Reaction score
I’m looking to add some grille led accent lights and want to tap onto the marker light (amber one next to headlight, led configuration) anyone help with location, color, suggestions etc?

FishOn

Reaction score
I tapped right at the master plug for everything on the front end. It's behind the driver fender well...
Poked around with a test light until I found the running lights (white/grn tracer, maybe?) and H tapped it there.

Drumnut14

Reaction score
I did this on my truck. I just tapped into the lighting fuse under the hood for the + and to a ground post right beside the fuse box. I'll look at which fuse it is when I get home.
I made the connections very easy to remove.
Happen to check that fuse? Thanks

Drumnut14

Reaction score
I tapped right at the master plug for everything on the front end. It's behind the driver fender well...
Poked around with a test light until I found the running lights (white/grn tracer, maybe?) and H tapped it there.
Any chance you have a pic, I’m having a bear of a time finding mine, Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to add some grille led accent lights and want to tap onto the marker light (amber one next to headlight, led configuration) anyone help with location, color, suggestions etc?
On the 16-way connector that is plugged into the driver side headlight, it is the white wire with brown stripe in position 13. On the connector that is plugged into the passenger side headlight, it is the white wire with orange stripe in position 13.

Drumnut14

Reaction score
On the 16-way connector that is plugged into the driver side headlight, it is the white wire with brown stripe in position 13. On the connector that is plugged into the passenger side headlight, it is the white wire with orange stripe in position 13.
Awesome, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread