5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Raleigh!

Duane

Reaction score
Hello, All:
I had ordered a '19 Limited on 05/08 from Westgate RAM in Raleigh (great folks, BTW); e-torque V8, RamBox, Ivory, dual sunroof, OWL 20s, auto cruise, H-K speakers, (33) gallon tank.....everything except 4x4 & towing package. As of (8) days ago, it's been in D1.
I currently drive an early-production 2009 (Dodge) Ram 1500 Laramie w/ 306,000 miles (and a '16 Chally Hellcat manual w/ 4K miles). The '09 is well-serviced (and has the "Lifetime Wrap'' factory warranty!), but simply still drives like new--no sqeeks or rattles & smooth a butter; remarkable. I put (500) miles on it only yesterday.
This new '19 RAM has so many sweet features & advances; I would'nt have any substitute.

I'd like to ask the super-sharp group of Members here please for help with any information regarding two interesting '19 RAM features, please:

1) If you go to the official FCA press-release package for this vehicle & look under the complete listing of Safety Features, you will see that our new trucks actually will have both drivers & front passenger-side 'Deployable Knee Bolsters'! This new feature is apparantly NOT counted by RAM as an "airbag" (as Ford does with their deploying glove box on the Mustang, etc.). Does anybody out there have access to any engineering details about this feature, and/or who is the actual supplier, etc.? Note: As a big safety guy, I think this is seemingly a terrific (albeit 'under the radar') developement, however I'd really love to know more. To add to the mystery, there is not even an 'SRS' indicator on the lower dash of either side....as you'd expect.

2) It sure would be wonderful to know EXACTLY what type of (striped) wood is featured in the '19 Limited, what country it was sourced from, and even who the supplier is.
FCA inexplicably likes to keep the identity of their real wood trims unidentified; a family member of a owns a (fairly rare) 2013 Chryler 300 'Luxury Series' with the factory Poltrona Frau (Italian-sourced) leather dash (etc.) & real open-pore wood trim. It took a few of years before we were able to have an very-top FCA design man inform us that it was in-fact 'Koto' wood, sourced from Africa.

Thanks, RAM Brothers!!

ryelinek

Reaction score
Hello, All:
I had ordered a '19 Limited on 05/08 from Westgate RAM in Raleigh (great folks, BTW); e-torque V8, RamBox, Ivory, dual sunroof, OWL 20s, auto cruise, H-K speakers, (33) gallon tank.....everything except 4x4 & towing package. As of (8) days ago, it's been in D1.
I currently drive an early-production 2009 (Dodge) Ram 1500 Laramie w/ 306,000 miles (and a '16 Chally Hellcat manual w/ 4K miles). The '09 is well-serviced (and has the "Lifetime Wrap'' factory warranty!), but simply still drives like new--no sqeeks or rattles & smooth a butter; remarkable. I put (500) miles on it only yesterday.
This new '19 RAM has so many sweet features & advances; I would'nt have any substitute.

I'd like to ask the super-sharp group of Members here please for help with any information regarding two interesting '19 RAM features, please:

1) If you go to the official FCA press-release package for this vehicle & look under the complete listing of Safety Features, you will see that our new trucks actually will have both drivers & front passenger-side 'Deployable Knee Bolsters'! This new feature is apparantly NOT counted by RAM as an "airbag" (as Ford does with their deploying glove box on the Mustang, etc.). Does anybody out there have access to any engineering details about this feature, and/or who is the actual supplier, etc.? Note: As a big safety guy, I think this is seemingly a terrific (albeit 'under the radar') developement, however I'd really love to know more. To add to the mystery, there is not even an 'SRS' indicator on the lower dash of either side....as you'd expect.

2) It sure would be wonderful to know EXACTLY what type of (striped) wood is featured in the '19 Limited, what country it was sourced from, and even who the supplier is.
FCA inexplicably likes to keep the identity of their real wood trims unidentified; a family member of a owns a (fairly rare) 2013 Chryler 300 'Luxury Series' with the factory Poltrona Frau (Italian-sourced) leather dash (etc.) & real open-pore wood trim. It took a few of years before we were able to have an very-top FCA design man inform us that it was in-fact 'Koto' wood, sourced from Africa.

Thanks, RAM Brothers!!

Yea those two questions are a little above my scope of knowledge hah..... I will say that I love my Limited and it’s seriously the most enjoyable car I have ever driven and you are in for a treat when yours arrives.

Hopefully you aren’t waiting too long but trust me in the end it will be worth it! Welcome as well.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome @Duane

Sounds like your Ram has served you well for many miles.

And the hellcat, that's cool

Hope your new 19 serves you as well

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Congrats on the order, very similar to the one I have on order (just down the road in Charlotte)

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Welcome. Very cool. Sorry no info here as to your questions. Has the Hemi had any major repairs? Agreed my high mile 4th gen is still solid smooth no squeaks leaks electrical gremlins etc. Ram did good & im looking forward to the 5th

Duane

Reaction score
Thanks, all.....yes, I have really loved this truck. I previously had a very early-production 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 'SLT-Plus' (w/ 5.9L Magnum & very rare side curtain airbag option). That one drove like new too when sold @ 225,000 miles.....but bouncier ride though due to rear leaf springs like on today's F150 & GM 1500s (nice trucks, but my 300+K miles RAM rides smoother than a brand-new rental iteration of those two).
No, repairs at all to the HEMI; never opened-up. I credit: a) solid engineering/design, b) synthetic oil & systematic servicing of all fluids, c) the truck sees mostly (swift) highway miles. Admittedly, I use it like a luxury/business vehicle, rather than as a 'work' vehicle though.
The truck is (100) % factory, with the exception of replacement standard Bilstein monotube shocks; they instantly upgraded the ride from smooth to "creamy" & I recommend them to all.

Users who are viewing this thread