5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Lines Across Screen Backup Camera

1lowcab

Reaction score
So this morning I went to leave for work, put it in reverse, backup cam came on and there where a bunch of green lines running horizontal on the screen!!
First time it has ever done that. When I left work it was fine, no more lines.

Anyone ever have that happen?

hawgbka

Reaction score
I've gotten the green lines a few times (maybe 6 or 7).

Attachments

• 20190506_140742.jpg
    20190506_140742.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 22

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Loose connector somewhere?

79 300

Reaction score
I had it happen once after a night of heavy rain. When I tried it a few hours later it was fine and hasn't done it since. This was probably over a year ago.

NewRamGuy20

Reaction score
Just happened to me today. Havent driven the truck in 3 days but in typical North Texas Fashion we went from 70 degrees and sunny to 23 degrees and severe ice storms. Not sure if the rapid temp fluctuation is causing problems but It is a variable. I'm also wondering if there's some corrosion/bad connection starting in the connector from the tailage to the frame. I had the bed Line-X'd right after buying it January 2020 and realized they removed the tailage entirely to do so. Never thought much about it until now but I'm curious if they didnt snap it in all the way and I've just managed to wiggle it out 3 years later. I'll check out the connector after the storm passes and update.

Users who are viewing this thread