5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the Line-X bedliner.

D-dub

Reaction score
Nice. Did you choose the standard or the premium?
I went premium. I wanted the standard however, they were out of the chemical for it. So they gave me a deal on the premium.

photinus

Reaction score
Looks nice! Waiting on my local dealer to get the Line-X material back in stock to re-shoot mine. After getting mine installed, looked great driving away from the shop, the next morning, it had bubbled like crazy. PXL_20210329_165448297.jpg

jkgunner13

Reaction score
I’m dropping mine off at the dealership on the 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfour5

Reaction score
I know it's nothing exciting, but got my Line-X bedliner done today. 👍👍 View attachment 100609
That looks great. In my opinion, one of the very best things anyone can do for a truck. It has become a "requirement" on any new truck. How you gonna use the bed otherwise. Plastic inserts, NO... New Painted pretty bed permanently marred by the first thing you put in it... NO NO NO... I've had two OEM spray ins (very good) and one Dealer after market (negotiated) that was just as good maybe better than OEM. It is a must unless you bought a truck simply for the visual/driving impact and intend to NEVER put anything into the back of it except a purse. That's one of the things I saw in Backcountry Edition as part of the package along with utility management and a tonneau. That's fine, but I'd rather get an off road package, the LED light package and do an aftermarket spray in liner like yours and put the utility management system and tonneau in myself and save money... I have started looking at some of the editions like this. What's in the package that I can't really do after market. LED lights, off road tranny things, Ramboxes (if you like them), things like that are what I look for... Box decorations even if practical, I do them just as well myself and/or much cheaper...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks nice! Waiting on my local dealer to get the Line-X material back in stock to re-shoot mine. After getting mine installed, looked great driving away from the shop, the next morning, it had bubbled like crazy. View attachment 101020
What a mess. I would have zero confidence in the guy after seeing that.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks nice! Waiting on my local dealer to get the Line-X material back in stock to re-shoot mine. After getting mine installed, looked great driving away from the shop, the next morning, it had bubbled like crazy. View attachment 101020
I am starting to regret getting this done to my brand new ram. I had line x premium installed on Friday. Dropped off a 8am, by 10:30 they called me and said they were done. Got their at 12:30 and the tech had the truck backed into the shop and had a huge section that he was grinding out. He said he noticed a bubble in one area after it was sitting out front and said he was fixing it. at 1:30 he was done and the area that he fixed, you could see the repair but since it was real sunny out and the fact that I was in a hurry to get back to work, I left. He said if any issues, it was covered under the lifetime warranty so I could bring it back. When I got back to work, I looked at the area and the repair looked like paint overspray and was already bubbling in a few areas. Really looked like S**t. It looks good in other areas but now I'm starting to wonder if the bed was prepped correctly. Plus for them to keep trying to grind this stuff off to fix it makes me think they are going to damage the bed floor. Should of went with the dualliner that I initially looked at. Gives us an update once you have this fixed. I would be curious to the outcome.

Nova90

Reaction score
Wow, hopefully, they get it sorted out. When I first looked at the pic, I thought it just rained in the bed. This type of stuff is what drove me to do the factory spray...despite Line-X getting good reviews. Let us know how it works out...good luck!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
any update to this? were you able to get it fixed?
I would suspect that required complete removal and re-prep, which is not an easy job.

Bubbles like that occur due to improper surface prep before spraying. This will occur in any brand of liner with poor surface prep, it's not the liner...it's the tech doing the work.

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would suspect that required complete removal and re-prep, which is not an easy job.

Bubbles like that occur due to improper surface prep before spraying. This will occur in any brand of liner with poor surface prep, it's not the liner...it's the tech doing the work.
I am aware of that. I am asking because I am in the same boat right now. Had line x installed a few weeks after I bought the truck. Bubbled up in an area and it was caught by the tech doing the job before I picked up the truck. They fixed it but the repair is sloppy and started having a few bubbles. I am taking it back next month when I go on vacation, just wondered the outcome to his issue. Wanted to know if they completely removed everything or tried a repair.

Last edited:

photinus

Reaction score
Sadly still waiting on the local vendor. They keep telling me they are not getting much/if any of the line-x material in. They have offered to re-shoot it with another brand of material, but I declined as I wouldn't have the line-x warranty. Pretty close to escalating it to Line-X corporate, but have been so slammed with other stuff in life it's taken a back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread