5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the Limited Black Beauty Home!

wvinson

Reaction score
After my drive 650 miles drive home -- I have a few observations
1. Engine is very quiet and very smooth and powerful powertrain. You can hardly hear it running or feel it idling with start/stop disabled.
2. I got 17.5mpg average on the way home going between 75-80 when I got 19.1 on the way there with the hemi.
3. digital display is impressive with all the functions and different settings.
4. Lock and unlock lighting is nice with RAM logo and steps deploy on unlock.
5. I used the hands-free driving for half the trip and it was impressively good. I didn't realize how much of a distracted driver I am. You can
only look away for less than five seconds or display alerts you and/or seat vibrates to take the wheel-- even with sunglasses on. Unfortunately, halfway home it shut off and gave me a service hands free driving/ unavailable message . Bummer.
6. Massage seats are great with about 5 different types of massage.
7. Going 75-80mph, oil pressure was 20psi -- interesting when semi is about 52psi.
8. Coolant temp was all over the place at a constant speed between 198-221? Mostly staying around 216.
9. Air suspension raises after 5mph instead of 15 and will only lower when stopped for some reason.
10. Power release and close tailgate is a nice feature
11. Steering seems to turn sharper although I don't know if that's true.

Overall, I love the truck, impressed with added tech, lots of power, and improvements.

Interesting.. a few follow up questions for you.
1. I have no need for a new truck for another 7 years or 100K miles (until Max Care is up…lol) but I do want to ride in new Hurricane based RAM just to see how it feels.
5. Is it hands free, or assisted driving? My wife’s GC has assisted…where it’ll keep you in the center of the road, but…you have to have at least the slightest pressure on the steering wheel or it’ll bark at you.
6. Same, on my wife’s GC…nice for long drives.
9. Odd. Do you mean raises from standard height, or… if you had it in exit/entry mode, it comes up after 5MPH? On my old 15 and current 23, front end lowers at 63MPH I believe, and typically raises back up coming to a stop or much slower speeds.
10. Power release is nice when your hands are full, I have MFT..which is super helpful. Don’t have power raise.. good on you!!

WV, what was your previous ride? Oh, and you know the drill. Pics or it didn’t happen.. LOL.

5 and 6 -- completely hands free.
9. entry/exit mode -- will only lower when stopped and raise af 5mph instead of 15mph like my '22. With my '22, I would hit the lower button when coming to a destination at 15mph and by the time I stopped it would be lowered.
10. power close either holding button or slight pull up on tailgate.

Previous ride was '22 1500 Silver Limited with night edition. It's stormy in GA now so will post this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back