5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my Rough Country 3.5" lift installed, need advice on wheels/tires

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Installed my 3.5" lift the other day and I'm really happy with it. Now my Laramie's stock 20" wheels and tires just look bland. I'd like to get new wheels and tires but wheel/tire stuff is new to me. I'd like the tires to sit flush with the fender flares up and I'd like to not have to trim anything. Rough Country says the lift will support a 295/60r20 but that is on the stock 20" wheel. They could not give me any advice for after market wheels/tires.

I'm looking to run Nitto Ridge Grapplers, just need advice on the offset for a 20x9 wheel and tire size to achieve a flush with fender flare look that doesn't require trimming on a 3.5" lift. Thanks!

Shaunt13

Reaction score
Installed my 3.5" lift the other day and I'm really happy with it. Now my Laramie's stock 20" wheels and tires just look bland. I'd like to get new wheels and tires but wheel/tire stuff is new to me. I'd like the tires to sit flush with the fender flares up and I'd like to not have to trim anything. Rough Country says the lift will support a 295/60r20 but that is on the stock 20" wheel. They could not give me any advice for after market wheels/tires.

I'm looking to run Nitto Ridge Grapplers, just need advice on the offset for a 20x9 wheel and tire size to achieve a flush with fender flare look that doesn't require trimming on a 3.5" lift. Thanks!
You will not achieve flush on 20x9 with aftermarketfender flares, if thats what you have...the flares stick out at least 3"....your best bet with flares n flush would be no less than 10" wide rim, unless you are interested in adding 2" hubcentric wheel spacers.....great call on tires!!

Last edited:

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a 18x9 -12 with 33 x 12.50 ridge grappler, Laramie with factory fender flares

Attachments

• 20180929_110549.jpg
    20180929_110549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
You will not achieve flush on 20x9 with aftermarketfender flares, if thats what you have...the flares stick out at least 3"....your best bet with flares n flush would be no less than 10" wide rim, unless you are interested in adding 2" hubcentric wheel spacers.....great call on tires!!

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific about the gender flares. I meant to say that they are the factory installed flares.

mjharden

Reaction score

I've got Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/60/20) on my stock wheels - just like they have in their photos on their website - I think it looks awesome! My truck looks exactly like the one they have on their website, except it's Maximum Steel.

Icecold77

Reaction score

I just did exactly what you want. PM me if you want the details.

Attachments

• 20181006_120846.jpg
    20181006_120846.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 203

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'd run a 295/65r20 with that setup .

Kevin C

Reaction score

I have the ReadyLift 3.5" lift w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/60R20) on 20x9 Fuel Offroad Mavericks with a 0 offset (stock is around +19).

They are pretty flush - I actually wish they stuck out a little more. Note: I have a Laramie with the stock fender flares.

new lift.jpg IMG_2575.jpg

Marty3374

Reaction score

I have fuel 20/9 with good year duratracs 35/12.5/20 The offset is 0 so they are almost flush

Attachments

• 4024F6E2-03F7-453F-8DB2-C6ED5974D32E.jpeg
    4024F6E2-03F7-453F-8DB2-C6ED5974D32E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 133

jamesfg

Reaction score
Yeah a little bit at full lock at the bottom of the liner but I've been too busy to trim it up.

Users who are viewing this thread