5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my first OTA. Now all voice commands dont work.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not impressed. Removed phone repaired it, plugged it in. Rebooted the damn truck by pulling the battery. Its all screwed. Never doing an OTA again.

I'm having the LTE disabled when I take it in to fix the radio. They can data mine and annoy someone else.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
So...one thing I didn't know was, my Siri kept making the visuals and calling for me, but wasn't announcing texts, or the names, etc. I had the music up loud and cranked it louder, no effect. When I got Siri on, I then rolled the volume knob to the right and she came back up. Seems that both are independent of each other, where I thought volume for radio would be same volume for Siri.

You probably have a different issue...but just in case.

Clyde

Reaction score
I noticed that after my update, I had to hold the voice command button down for about 3 seconds to get Siri to activate... prior to the update I only had to tap the voice command button.
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing.

Before I discovered that I had to hold the button down for 3 seconds (post update), I called the dealer to ask them what was going on, the service writer told me I needed a new radio.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean the voice command button was basically dead. It would pull up the menu on press, but NOTHING worked. It would either say processing and quit or say undating something try later.

It started working again normally this morning. Dead weds afternoon, night, all day thurday with multiple trips and power cycles.

I also just happened to have filled out my Ram Satisifaction survey yesterday, guess how highly I regarded them?

Users who are viewing this thread