5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google search added as well as a few other tweaks

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I did some updating of our forums last night and have updated the software and the dark and light themes to the latest versions. I have also added google search functionality to the site as I know the search function is a little lacking. To use the google search just click on the search as usual and type in what your looking for and hit search. The next page that comes up will look like this:

Screenshot (3).png

As you can see the google search now displays, you can also click on default search results and it will show you the results from the forum software itself. Where it gets a little tricky is on the bottom.

Screenshot (6).png

Here you can see the 1-10 directly under the last search result as well as <-Prev 1-8 Next->. The 1-10 will take you to different pages in the GOOGLE search results, the buttons below will take you to different pages in the DEFAULT search results. Make sure you're clicking on the right one as you're going through.

Hopefully this is beneficial to all.

Doc

Reaction score
I did some updating of our forums last night and have updated the software and the dark and light themes to the latest versions. I have also added google search functionality to the site as I know the search function is a little lacking. To use the google search just click on the search as usual and type in what your looking for and hit search. The next page that comes up will look like this:

View attachment 9738

As you can see the google search now displays, you can also click on default search results and it will show you the results from the forum software itself. Where it gets a little tricky is on the bottom.

View attachment 9739

Here you can see the 1-10 directly under the last search result as well as <-Prev 1-8 Next->. The 1-10 will take you to different pages in the GOOGLE search results, the buttons below will take you to different pages in the DEFAULT search results. Make sure you're clicking on the right one as you're going through.

Hopefully this is beneficial to all.
Thanks for the work! Looks great.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you guys on mobile or pc? I'm using an android phone and not seeing sigs.

Android tablet seeing full site and no issues.

Android phone on mobile site, not seeing signatures, but I've honestly not looked for them before on mobile.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And if I tilt phone sideways they are there...interesting.

So it is only using it in the one way on phone.

Users who are viewing this thread