5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Rhino 2.0 w/ Power Actuator (Lights FINALLY INSTALLED!)

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
(She needs a bath BAD! But it has been HOT AF here in Fresno, CA!!!)

Pictures are excessive, BUT F*** IT!!!!!! I drank a lot of beer and spent all weekend installing these SOLO!

Outrageous - Yes....
Unnecessary - Absolutely....
Practical - Definitely not...
Does it look good - HELL YES!!!!

Both set of lights are NiLight Brands from Amazon. (Mount for the grill light bar is a Rough Country. I checked out a Youtube video that a guy posted ( @Water Fowler 41), and you can buy just the mount for their $300 light bar kit for $32 shipped.) I am using a Blazer Link App Controlled Lighting System as the receiver for both lights. Therefore, the switch to turn them both on/off is through an App on my phone via Bluetooth.

And yea.... You'll definitely see me coming!

Screenshot_20200712-190753_BLAZER LINK II.jpg 20200712_184837.jpg 20200712_184828.jpg 20200712_184909.jpg 20200712_184921.jpg 20200712_184940.jpg 20200713_095922.jpg 20200712_205534.jpg

mkgiy

Reaction score
I have the same light from Amazon and it puts out a decent amount of light for the price. Looks awesome.

Rich51

Reaction score
(She needs a bath BAD! But it has been HOT AF here in Fresno, CA!!!)

Pictures are excessive, BUT F*** IT!!!!!! I drank a lot of beer and spent all weekend installing these SOLO!

Outrageous - Yes....
Unnecessary - Absolutely....
Practical - Definitely not...
Does it look good - HELL YES!!!!

Both set of lights are NiLight Brands from Amazon. (Mount for the grill light bar is a Rough Country. I checked out a Youtube video that a guy posted ( @Water Fowler 41), and you can buy just the mount for their $300 light bar kit for $32 shipped.) I am using a Blazer Link App Controlled Lighting System as the receiver for both lights. Therefore, the switch to turn them both on/off is through an App on my phone via Bluetooth.

And yea.... You'll definitely see me coming!

View attachment 61822 View attachment 61815 View attachment 61816 View attachment 61817 View attachment 61818 View attachment 61819 View attachment 61820 View attachment 61821
I was looking to add the bumper Light bar, where did you find just the brackets? I went to rough country and I can only see the kit.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
I was looking to add the bumper Light bar, where did you find just the brackets? I went to rough country and I can only see the kit.

You have to call, and ask to order Part Number# 70778. It cost me $32.34, and was delivered in 2 or 3 days. The call took maybe 5 minutes. It also only comes with the brackets; so you have to get the bolts, washers, nuts, etc... yourself. This guy helped me order and install mine:

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
Could you post the link for the lighting controller? I want to add auxiliary lights but don't want to push wires through the firewall. I have heard about the Trigger Control Panel, the ones that have the switches but in Canada, those run for $400+. Looking for something that's cheap, easy to install and reliable. Thanks!

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Could you post the link for the lighting controller? I want to add auxiliary lights but don't want to push wires through the firewall. I have heard about the Trigger Control Panel, the ones that have the switches but in Canada, those run for $400+. Looking for something that's cheap, easy to install and reliable. Thanks!
Here is manufacturers website: https://www.blazer-international.com/productdetail.php?itemno=CWL623&cat=16

But you cannot buy on there; they sell through Autozone, Walmart, E-Bay, etc...

I bought my controller Brand New off of E-bay.

Here is one at Autozone:

After a few months, I will probably will be switching to the Trigger. The idea of the lights being controlled by an app, seems genius, until you are driving and you have to grab your phone, unlock it, wait for it to connect to the controller, try to hit the "on" button all while doing 65. But for $50, can't complain.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
The only alternative on the market for the wireless connection is the Trigger. So due to the huge price difference between the two.... I would 100% buy it again, and I am not in a huge hurry to replace it. However, it is just something more to think about when I am driving at night or early morning down the country roads, I have to be ready to turn them off for oncoming traffic.

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
The only alternative on the market for the wireless connection is the Trigger. So due to the huge price difference between the two.... I would 100% buy it again, and I am not in a huge hurry to replace it. However, it is just something more to think about when I am driving at night or early morning down the country roads, I have to be ready to turn them off for oncoming traffic.
Good point! Would have to keep that in mind. Was the installation tough?

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Install was definitely easy, as long as you are phone savvy. (If you know how to connect Bluetooth headphones, you can do this.) And it's pretty much connecting positive and negative wires where they go, and then downloading the app and connecting to the system. I mounted the device directly on top of the fuse box. Hardest part was installing the lights and running/mounting wires underneath. I would 100% recommend this as a cheaper option from the Trigger.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Yes, my friend and I installed it. It came in the mail scratched to ****, so I painted it with a matte black bed liner type of material. It was a pain in the *** to install. Afterwards, I understood why a shop wanted $800 to install it (without hooking up the lights).

98031533_869442650226907_362886893555154944_n.jpg

Husky_max

Reaction score
Firstly I think that would be an easy install with some drillings. However, after spent 2hours on my running board, I thought this might not be an easy DIY project. The liner finish is awesome.

Don't know if the dealer will charge less if I do the lightings together LOL.

Yes, my friend and I installed it. It came in the mail scratched to ****, so I painted it with a matte black bed liner type of material. It was a pain in the *** to install. Afterwards, I understood why a shop wanted $800 to install it (without hooking up the lights).

View attachment 79991

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Firstly I think that would be an easy install with some drillings. However, after spent 2hours on my running board, I thought this might not be an easy DIY project. The liner finish is awesome.

Don't know if the dealer will charge less if I do the lightings together LOL.
The hardest part was figuring out the process. The bed "rail" is pretty much 1.5" - 2" of plastic rail and then less than 1/4" of metal, pretty much a thin piece of sheet metal under that. It was hard to drill through the plastic with the Rivet Nuts they provided. After a beer, trial and error, beer, trial and error, beer, beer - we figured the easiest way was to cut a square in the plastic rail and drill straight into the metal rail. Then you ratchet in the bolt and hope to god the rivet nut doesn't pop and holds; just to find out it wont. So we said fu@k it and just used the good ol' fashion: bolt, lock washer, washer -- washer , lock nut. Also, keeping the d@mn rack straight on the rail while trying not cry while drilling through your brand new truck was tough... See, talking about it is bringing up my PTSD!! The lights were easier, just very time consuming.

Overall, I saved a lot of money doing it myself. I just underestimated how hard it was to install, I had the similar mindset - "it's just some drilling - no bid deal...."

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is manufacturers website: https://www.blazer-international.com/productdetail.php?itemno=CWL623&cat=16

But you cannot buy on there; they sell through Autozone, Walmart, E-Bay, etc...

I bought my controller Brand New off of E-bay.

Here is one at Autozone:

After a few months, I will probably will be switching to the Trigger. The idea of the lights being controlled by an app, seems genius, until you are driving and you have to grab your phone, unlock it, wait for it to connect to the controller, try to hit the "on" button all while doing 65. But for $50, can't complain.
You may want to consider this an an option:

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Good point! Would have to keep that in mind. Was the installation tough?

Just a heads up, it looks like the manufacture I have - Blazer International, has a wireless remote version for cheaper.

I may just switch to that one, because I do not use the Extra App features which are: flash ability, adjust brightness and flash intensity, advance flash patterns on a warning light. 🤔🤔

Users who are viewing this thread