5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GMC wheels on my limited ?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of huge wheels and my limited came with pimp daddy 22’s and street tires. I haven’t quite found any aftermarket rims that i like as these days most rims are black or black with accents which won’t look good with all my trucks chrome. So, I either pony up almost $400 a wheel plus tires for the dodge wheel I like or I can grab a set of GMC take offs for about $600.

Has anyone had any experience doing this...? Any foreseeable issues ? Looks ? Towing problems ?

1st pic is my rig with 22’s. (For sale by the way)
2nd pic are the wheels I want.
3rd pic are the wheels from a 2019 GMC.

Any input is appreciated.....

Attachments

• FC2E4CEE-F294-431A-94D5-BF751A3BFF5D.jpeg
    FC2E4CEE-F294-431A-94D5-BF751A3BFF5D.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 2BC5E5EA-BE18-4547-B45E-52BE2F133D98.jpeg
    2BC5E5EA-BE18-4547-B45E-52BE2F133D98.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 317
  • B1F740EC-2179-48D3-8D81-69F5B24020BF.jpeg
    B1F740EC-2179-48D3-8D81-69F5B24020BF.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 303

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Would need to see the gmc wheels on to see how it’ll look. It can be a hit or miss
Good luck

drstein

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of huge wheels and my limited came with pimp daddy 22’s and street tires. I haven’t quite found any aftermarket rims that i like as these days most rims are black or black with accents which won’t look good with all my trucks chrome. So, I either pony up almost $400 a wheel plus tires for the dodge wheel I like or I can grab a set of GMC take offs for about $600.

Has anyone had any experience doing this...? Any foreseeable issues ? Looks ? Towing problems ?

Why they gotta be "Pimp Daddy" ..............................................................................yo ?? I likes mines, no, I really do !!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That GMC Wheel looks like the OE Performance 176. A set of the OEP wheels will cost you around $1350; so $600 for the GMC wheels isn't so bad. You just want to make sure bolt pattern is correct and offset is to your liking. You can do an offset comparison at Tiresize.com. You will probably need to get concentric rings as well.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

GMC used to use a larger positive offset, +27 versus +19 for most of the ram wheels. They are going to bring the tire further into the wheel wells by 5/16" and narrow the gap between your upper ball joint and tire sidewall. Something to keep in mind when choosing tires. you might want to check the offset on the GMC wheels and confirm. There should be a a stamp in the casting that will say ET+27 or something along those lines. Gm may have changed their offset for the 2019 trucks but those wheels look identical to the ones that came on my 2015 GMC.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Why they gotta be "Pimp Daddy" ..............................................................................yo ?? I likes mines, no, I really do !!
Haha. I like em too.... clearly I didn’t mind when I bought the truck. I’m just used to a smaller wheel with more ‘tire’. I’m old school.... anything bigger than 18’s is pimp daddy.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
That GMC Wheel looks like the OE Performance 176. A set of the OEP wheels will cost you around $1350; so $600 for the GMC wheels isn't so bad. You just want to make sure bolt pattern is correct and offset is to your liking. You can do an offset comparison at Tiresize.com. You will probably need to get concentric rings as well.
Thank you.... I did the comparison already. The tire is a little taller but skinnier. If I like them I’ll probably get a wider tire....

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
GMC used to use a larger positive offset, +27 versus +19 for most of the ram wheels. They are going to bring the tire further into the wheel wells by 5/16" and narrow the gap between your upper ball joint and tire sidewall. Something to keep in mind when choosing tires. you might want to check the offset on the GMC wheels and confirm. There should be a a stamp in the casting that will say ET+27 or something along those lines. Gm may have changed their offset for the 2019 trucks but those wheels look identical to the ones that came on my 2015 GMC.
I’ll go look again but I was told they were a 18mm offset. If I go for it I’ll post a test fit pic. Thanks all for the info.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this truck has the 22s, is the hub size still the same as the other trucks? And is it smaller than the GM hub size?

Because if the ram has a larger hub than the GMC, and the GMC wheel is hub centric for that size, then it won’t work? You can use the rings to bring the wheel size down to match a smaller hub on the truck but you can’t go the other way?

Edit: looks like the gmc is 78.1 (at least the older ones) and ram is 77.8 so you should be fine. Unless for some reason the 22” wheel trucks have a larger hub size.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll go look again but I was told they were a 18mm offset. If I go for it I’ll post a test fit pic. Thanks all for the info.
18mm makes sense Gm moved the upper control arm up on the 2019s so they probably pushed the wheels out to clear the upper ball joint. The previous trucks had the upper ball joint much lower below the the lip of the rim so they could away with a lot of positive offset

ppowell1983

Reaction score

Beautiful truck. I put the Laramie Sport wheels on my Limited and sold my 22” wheels. It rides tremendously better and looks 10x better. I was looking at GMC wheels because I love the chrome. I would be interested in seeing how they fit on the Ram Trucks

837f284d830959390e9f4495085cc162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Beautiful truck. I put the Laramie Sport wheels on my Limited and sold my 22” wheels. It rides tremendously better and looks 10x better. I was looking at GMC wheels because I love the chrome. I would be interested in seeing how they fit on the Ram Trucks

837f284d830959390e9f4495085cc162.jpg

Where did you pick those up and at what cost if you don't mind me asking ?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Where did you pick those up and at what cost if you don't mind me asking ?

I picked them up from a member of the FB group in Nashville. Only had 250 miles on them and I paid him $400 + $250 to get them and $300 in TPMS sensors. $850 all in costs and I think that was a steal. I’m seeing them go for $1,200-1,400.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I picked them up from a member of the FB group in Nashville. Only had 250 miles on them and I paid him $400 + $250 to get them and $300 in TPMS sensors. $850 all in costs and I think that was a steal. I’m seeing them go for $1,200-1,400.

Wow.... great deal. Good for you, I think they're the nicest wheel of the bunch.

On another note, talked to the shop today and they confirmed it's not worth the hassle. Turns out wheels would be $800 and i would still need hub rings to make it right. AND the offset is indeed +28mm. That's going the opposite direction of where I want to be. Back to the drawing board....

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Wow.... great deal. Good for you, I think they're the nicest wheel of the bunch.

On another note, talked to the shop today and they confirmed it's not worth the hassle. Turns out wheels would be $800 and i would still need hub rings to make it right. AND the offset is indeed +28mm. That's going the opposite direction of where I want to be. Back to the drawing board....
Thank you,

I am sorry to hear that the GM wheels will not work for you. I think we are on the same page as I look at aftermarket wheels I keep seeing wheels that have fake bead locks or other funky designs on the edge of the rim. The part I didn't like about the 22" wheel was the black inserts that went nearly to the edge of the wheel. I am sure you will find what you are looking for. I might suggest joining the FaceBook groups for the 5th gen rams, I am sure you will find a set of take-offs for a good price soon.

Barney556180

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Anyone know how they are held in place?

The inserts (pic 2) do not appear to come off easily. This has been discussed in other threads.

The pic 2 wheels are the standard OEM 20” on my Laramie w/ Sport .
0c72e3950bf2e0d458a3009da6556e70.jpg

Maybe you can find someone with those who’d swap for your optional upgrade 22” wheels/tires

Users who are viewing this thread