5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen 3 EcoDiesel Oil Change Procedure.....

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I searched and didn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I have a '15 Big Horn ED and just purchased a '22 Rebel ED.

Here is the question......

When changing the oil on the '15 EcoDiesel you have to allow the initail oil to drain....then about 20-30 mins later you get a last small rush of oil that apparently sits up high in the motor.

Does the Gen 3 ED require the same procedure?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably, but I’ve never waited long enough to find out. For sure, the dealer is not going to wait for that to happen.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Probably, but I’ve never waited long enough to find out. For sure, the dealer is not going to wait for that to happen.

Dealer showed me the first time.....I have since seen it mentioned on other Gen 2 ED video's. I do my own oil changes and have for 150k miles. Just want to make sure it's all draining and i'm replacing it all, and not leaving a quart of old oil in there.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer showed me the first time.....I have since seen it mentioned on other Gen 2 ED video's. I do my own oil changes and have for 150k miles. Just want to make sure it's all draining and i'm replacing it all, and not leaving a quart of old oil in there.
That was a great lube tech then. Is that what you got out was a full quart? I just did an oil change this morning and drove for 63mi (all highway) afterwards. My oil still looks new, and I’d imagine that wouldn’t be the case if a full quart was left in.

Here’s what it looks like after the drive. It’s hard to see because it’s so clean:

37352785-2B47-49B4-B137-6E8482D36C29.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread