5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gear Ratio while running 35s on 22x12??

ChaseAS19

Reaction score
Good people! So I run a 2019 4x4 1500; 5.7 hemi on 22x12 with 35x12.5 Kendra Klevers with a 6 inch lift. Gear ratio setup is 3.21….any advice on switching out the ratio to 4.11? Also, is the adjustment in early gear acceleration work the pain to switch? Any advice…much love!

GATORB8

Reaction score
There’s a post here where someone ran through the 3.21 vs 3.92 final gearing with the trans, be worth looking up.

Have you done a speedo reprogram? Should help with the gear shifting.

I have the 3.92s with 35s, although with only 3”, I’m happy with the acceleration.

It’ll be big money to swap both gears with install.

ChaseAS19

Reaction score
There’s a post here where someone ran through the 3.21 vs 3.92 final gearing with the trans, be worth looking up.

Have you done a speedo reprogram? Should help with the gear shifting.

I have the 3.92s with 35s, although with only 3”, I’m happy with the acceleration.

It’ll be big money to swap both gears with install.
I’ve looked through several threads and finding a direct answer is like a needle in a haystack.
3.92 has to be better than the 3.21 regarding acceleration and RPM management. Running the setup I have, it’s clear the truck is working much harder than what I’d like for it to.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Look up at the Stickied threads here. There is one call The engineers (for whatever that is worth) Ultimate Guide to 3.92 vs 3.21.

It has a lot of information in it. Just remember when reading all those pages, it all just means that no matter what, 3.92 is better than 3.21! :LOL: 🤣😅

Users who are viewing this thread