5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garage fridge

Xethana

Reaction score
So i currently have a full size garage fridge/freezer in my one car garage! The garage is alreasy to small let alone having this appliance in there that's out of the "ordinary". Does anyone else have a fridhe in their tiny garage?also has anyone gotten rid of an extra fridge and regretted it? I use maily for extra freezer stuff or canned drinks, maybe leftovers every now and then...im not sure it is worth it to take up valuable garage space

Last edited:

Zogg44

Reaction score
Funny you mention this. I used to have a garage fridge that was a small dorm-sized unit, no freezer, that I would keep drinks in to grab on the way out or when working outside. I had to donate it to a family member in senior living early this year and I've really missed it. I had looked before to find one w/o the freezer to no avail, but I just found one yesterday on Wayfair and ordered it.

I know a lot of people who have their older full size unit in the garage, and I may eventually, but my garage is a small 2-car so having the dorm-sized unit fits the bill and doesn't take up much room.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
If you have a garage then a fridge in it is a must in my opinion. Heck I know some people with two extra fridges in the garage.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have a full size fridge with a top freezer and a extra large upright freezer. I couldn't imagine going in the house to fetch beverages for me and the neighbors. Heck I spend more time in the garage than I do in our house. We have a bar with stools, large flat screen, stereo, and a lifestyle full size garage door screen (a must have). Now if I just had a air conditioner for the really hot days.....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Our smallish two-car garage is a bit of a packaging exercise, but we have my Ram, my wife’s SUV, a motorcycle, tool cabinets/workbench, a rolling tool cart, shop vac, air compressor, two bicycles, trash carts, and yes...a full-size fridge in it.

Skater

Reaction score
So i currently have a full size fridge/freezer in my one car garage! The garage is alreasy to small let alone having this appliance in there that's out of the "ordinary". Does anyone else have a fridhe in their tiny garage?also has anyone gotten rid of an extra fridge and regretted it? I use maily for extra freezer stuff or canned drinks, maybe leftovers every now and then...im not sure it is worth it to take up valuable garage space
I have 2 full size fridg/freezers in my garage. Three athletic boys between the years of 20 and 12 drink 6-7 gallons of milk a week and eat like three grown men. I could not live without them unless I hire a full time cook to run to the store everyday and make meals and snacks. I guess I could get a cow, but neighbors would have a fit.
Suffices to say, in response to your query, I would surely regret not having one or both in my garage, lest I employ a short order cook and operate a dairy farm. And, no, my wife will not suffice as short order cook. She works too. I just wanted to head off those comments before they started! :p

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
We thought long and hard when we moved into the current house. We had a good but small refrigerator but the previous owner left a bigger better one behind. Ultimately decided that it would be overkill for just the two of us. We gave it to the outreach office at the church.

But if I did have a refrigerator in the garage, I'd wrap it. https://www.rmwraps.com/garage-fridge-wraps/tool-box-refrigerator-wrap

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a funny topic between me and my wife.... she used to say we have too many and I am out of control ridiculous. She doesn't say that anymore as they are all full now. We can't fit any vehicles besides the Razor 4 1000 XP since it is kinda a mechanics man cave with tool cabinets a bar top table with 5 chairs, dart board and 4 speaker stereo.

We have three garage Fridge's and two are combo Freezers and then also a Chest Freezer. 1 Fridge is dedicated to beer with the freezer only for Ice cream varieties, 1 is for soda and overflow beverages with the freezer for pizzas, hot pockets, and quick microwave junk food, and one fridge is just for gatorade, bottled water, and body armor. The chest freezer has deer meat for jerky and the bigger frozen foods.

Skater

Reaction score
We thought long and hard when we moved into the current house. We had a good but small refrigerator but the previous owner left a bigger better one behind. Ultimately decided that it would be overkill for just the two of us. We gave it to the outreach office at the church.

But if I did have a refrigerator in the garage, I'd wrap it. https://www.rmwraps.com/garage-fridge-wraps/tool-box-refrigerator-wrap
Oh, Man! That is a great idea. I have never seen those. This is the one I am getting for one fridge/freezer. Will have to choose for the other one as I have not decided on the second, but this one is one of them for sure.

Thanks ... great idea. (y) (y)

Attachments

• Beer+safe+ice+dream+full+fridge+wrap.jpg
    Beer+safe+ice+dream+full+fridge+wrap.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 26

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got this one in mine. Won it when I got my Outdoorsman in 2014. :giggle:

Attachments

• 2175ed8a24769d4c33857c1d23c441af--man-cave-guns-man-caves.jpg
    2175ed8a24769d4c33857c1d23c441af--man-cave-guns-man-caves.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Love Dometic fridge/freezer. Put it in my crew cab in Ford F-250 and had room for a doggy bed with my black lab next to it. I hooked it up to a Goal Zero 1400 battery/generator and it used only like 69 watts when cooling down to temperature and like 6 watts after that. The separate fridge and freezer (dual zone) feature works like a charm. Will be using it for camping/tailgating/home gym when not traveling. A little pricey though

Users who are viewing this thread