5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve For 3.0 Ecodiesel 2020 Model Year

mrfreon

Reaction score
I'm curious who's all installed or plans to install a Fumoto oil drain valve on their 2020 Ecodiesel? More importantly, which exact Fumoto part number did you choose and why?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have it pointing rearwards, less likely to get crap in it or tear off the clip. Plus the oil will clear the crossbar completely free flowing. The crossmember is nice in that it's going to really take some bad luck to snap the valve off.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a Fumoto sitting in my garage waiting for installation at my first oil change for a long time. Been working from home, so haven't been racking up miles much. I'll finally be doing the oil change and installing the valve in the next couple of weeks.

I went with the same part number that was listed for the 2018 Hemi/EcoDiesel because I assume the 2020 is the same thread. I hope I'm right. I also got the one with the short nipple so I can attach a hose to it. The long nipple may have interfered with the crossmember under the oil pan, but the short nipple will be fine.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a Fumoto sitting in my garage waiting for installation at my first oil change for a long time. Been working from home, so haven't been racking up miles much. I'll finally be doing the oil change and installing the valve in the next couple of weeks.

I went with the same part number that was listed for the 2018 Hemi/EcoDiesel because I assume the 2020 is the same thread. I hope I'm right. I also got the one with the short nipple so I can attach a hose to it. The long nipple may have interfered with the crossmember under the oil pan, but the short nipple will be fine.
Can you make a YouTube video for it. I follow your channel. Good content!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fumoto F106S fit like a glove. Interestingly, it was a standard 1/2" American socket that I needed to remove the factory drain bolt. No access issues at all with the short nipple version of the Fumoto. Now I just need to source a length of tube I can stick on it when I do the next change.

Video is uploading now. Can't wait to see what the factory fill oil analysis shows. Almost 4,300 miles on the clock now. Oil life on the dash is below 50% but I just always do the very first change early.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fumoto F106S fit like a glove. Interestingly, it was a standard 1/2" American socket that I needed to remove the factory drain bolt. No access issues at all with the short nipple version of the Fumoto. Now I just need to source a length of tube I can stick on it when I do the next change.

Video is uploading now. Can't wait to see what the factory fill oil analysis shows. Almost 4,300 miles on the clock now. Oil life on the dash is below 50% but I just always do the very first change early.
Nice. Thanks. Heading to YouTube

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My internet is atrocious. It'll probably be tonight before the video posts. LOL. Sorry. One of the sacrifices you make to live in a rural area.
Haha no worries. Small price to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread