5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Tint

BNeal

Reaction score
Just got my truck back. Every pane of glass, including sunroof, got 35% ceramic. Full tint windshield - not sure what percentage, but I can tell it's a bit darker. No distortion on the windshield at all, although, he did say that polarized lenses won't be your friend. But he also said you shouldn't need sunglasses any longer.

Rather than tint, I was primarily targeting heat-rejection being in TX. Will keep everyone updated as the summer down here boils on. Just got it back today, so haven't had time to form an opinion. Hope it works, though - $829!

1624653662176.png

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the HUD look with the windshield tinted?
That's my last concern, and I'm just about ready to not care. It's too stinking hot in Houston already. 😅

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
I have the exact same setup with ceramic tint except I didn't do the windshield. I'm thinking about doing it now. Curious to see how you like it!

BNeal

Reaction score
I have the exact same setup with ceramic tint except I didn't do the windshield. I'm thinking about doing it now. Curious to see how you like it!
Well, so far, what I like most about it, is that it's basically invisible except for a very slight tint - which I have no problem with. I see no trace of the film.

U

User_3336

$829? YIKES!

I just got 20% Suntek (well 18% for Suntek). on fronts, backs and rear with a slider for $190.

BNeal

Reaction score
$829? YIKES!

I just got 20% Suntek (well 18% for Suntek). on fronts, backs and rear with a slider for $190.
The windshield and the sunroof is where my money went. Did you get ceramic?

Last edited:

Ramjack

Reaction score
I'm bummed that I cannot do windshield film in GA.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't even tell that my 80% windshield tint is even there unless you're wearing polarized lenses. The amount of heat the ceramic tint cut out of the truck was night and day difference. Just need to make time to get the back windows and rear window done.

BNeal

Reaction score
It’s illegal here in texas too, so is the darker tint on the front Windows... back windows and rear they don’t care.
There is no way anyone would notice the windshield tint. I went 35% on the front windows, and I think you can go as far as 25% and still be legal (I think).

Glenn54

Reaction score
Does the ceramic tint make it difficult to see out of the truck at night? I had that problem with a different truck but it wasn't ceramic tint.

AggieWill08

Reaction score
I have a similar setup in my truck, but it may be 90% on the windshield. If you leave the truck out in the sun, it will still heat up, but the difference between being in my truck and wife’s SUV is night and day. The windshield ceramic makes long drives in the Texas summer extremely easy.

Ramjack

Reaction score
There is no way anyone would notice the windshield tint. I went 35% on the front windows, and I think you can go as far as 25% and still be legal (I think).
In GA, you're not allowed to put anything on the windshield below 6" from the top. Some shops will do it anyway. Here's the thing: You're in a collision. Somebody gets injured (or killed). The nice, friendly personal injury attorney representing the victim has your glass tested/analyzed and determines you had tint on the windshield. (Standard procedure) Your insurance company declines coverage because you had illegal windshield tint. Suddenly you're personally liable for 7 figures ($,$$$,$$$). They'll be collecting from you for the rest of your life. Could be criminal charges as well. I'm not willing to take that chance. It would be much less risk if there was just a debate about whether or not your tint was too dark. In the case of the windshield (in GA and many other states), any film is prohibited.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In GA, you're not allowed to put anything on the windshield below 6" from the top. Some shops will do it anyway. Here's the thing: You're in a collision. Somebody gets injured (or killed). The nice, friendly personal injury attorney representing the victim has your glass tested/analyzed and determines you had tint on the windshield. (Standard procedure) Your insurance company declines coverage because you had illegal windshield tint. Suddenly you're personally liable for 7 figures ($,$$$,$$$). They'll be collecting from you for the rest of your life. Could be criminal charges as well. I'm not willing to take that chance. It would be much less risk if there was just a debate about whether or not your tint was too dark. In the case of the windshield (in GA and many other states), any film is prohibited.
Yeah didn’t think of it this way, even though the tint isn’t dark enough (above 50%) to hinder vision. Guess I’ll have to take skin cancer from the windshield then? Lol
But yeah windshield tint I believe is technically illegal in every state.

Reverse

Reaction score
I got ceramic just on front driver and passenger door glass. That made a big difference in GA summer already.

Users who are viewing this thread