5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full LED conversion Complete

dsn112

Reaction score
Got a sweet deal on the tails from PorBoy, so now I’m completely done! Oem Rebel headlights, morimoto XB fogs, and oem red tails.

4eaa3a22f2b3fc8a2e980255405e3cbc.jpg
8c1ed23c32bc5add2897eb7f32bfcbe3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsn112

Reaction score
You are

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now comes the time where I put away my wallet and enjoy what I currently have with my Ram lol. Thanks again for convincing me not to buy a new set of headlights.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a sweet deal on the tails from PorBoy, so now I’m completely done! Oem Rebel headlights, morimoto XB fogs, and oem red tails.

4eaa3a22f2b3fc8a2e980255405e3cbc.jpg
8c1ed23c32bc5add2897eb7f32bfcbe3.jpg

Looks real good. What a huge difference. I want to do the same to mine. Now comes the tricky part: convincing my wife that my brand new truck needs new lights! Not going to be an easy sell! She did let me get new rims/tires....so I do have a sliver of hope!

Last edited:

dsn112

Reaction score
Look real good. What a huge difference. I want to do the same to mine. Now comes the tricky part: convincing my wife that my brand new truck needs new lights! Not going to be an easy sell! She did let me get new rims/tires....so I do have a sliver of hope!

I get it, as I had to do the same.

4892158280b17b745857975d864a2a47.jpg

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Now comes the time where I put away my wallet and enjoy what I currently have with my Ram lol. Thanks again for convincing me not to buy a new set of headlights.

That looks fantastic!

However, pretty confused here (so what else is new?!)

First, i did not know the 2019 Led's could be swapped out with the Halogens, thought it was some kind of "cooling issue", so then that is "not so"?!

Also, don't understand what you mean about "putting ur wallet away". If you still have OEM's, what did you sell to dsm?

a while back ago when i decided as much as i loved my Black Beauty, those headlights just had to go... But all the research of swapping or upgrading all had caveats, so i just decided to trade it in for a truck equipped with EVERYTHING i had wished i'd gotten in the first place. The truck i ordered will be here Wednesday, he ordered it with no deposit/no committment, so i'm not 100% i'll pull trigger, especially after seeing this post....

So are they fully swappable? And if so, why can't they be ordered from Parts @ dealer?

Thanks!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I say ordering new lights, I was referring to ordering the Rebel’s they have the darker LED housings. What I sold to DSM were my factory LED tail lights which I had replaced with a set of Rebel darkened ones. I wanted a darker look for my rear and parts to do this were easy to get albeit not cheap from the dealer.

From what I was told from my service / parts department, the only thing needed to swap from halogens to LED headlights were the lights and the harness. Now if you go upper echelon and want Limited ones, well that’s a lot more work.

skee907

Reaction score
Looks great! I'm glad my Laramie came with the LED exterior lights!

Attachments

• IMG_6817.JPG
    IMG_6817.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 58

dsn112

Reaction score
Ideally I’d have rather had a truck with LED package, but the deal was so much better on this Bighorn, that I had to do it. I saved more on the bighorn than i spent on LEDS for sure. Leds for all of it cost me around $1500. I saved an extra 5k on this demo unit.

dsn112

Reaction score
When I say ordering new lights, I was referring to ordering the Rebel’s they have the darker LED housings. What I sold to DSM were my factory LED tail lights which I had replaced with a set of Rebel darkened ones. I wanted a darker look for my rear and parts to do this were easy to get albeit not cheap from the dealer.

From what I was told from my service / parts department, the only thing needed to swap from halogens to LED headlights were the lights and the harness. Now if you go upper echelon and want Limited ones, well that’s a lot more work.

Right now there is no way to go to limited lights without a ton of work including a front end swap. Makes no sense to do that as honestly these lights are better looking .
f4ff2630925116dbd38d4230e74f7bcc.jpg

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you should get the black headlights and sell me yours!!!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now there is no way to go to limited lights without a ton of work including a front end swap. Makes no sense to do that as honestly these lights are better looking .
f4ff2630925116dbd38d4230e74f7bcc.jpg

Couldn’t agree more. IMO the Limited front end is not very good looking. I think the Laramie Sport is the best looking out of all of the trims.

Users who are viewing this thread