5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Tank Size?

Dustyteeth

Reaction score
How do I know what size tank I have, if it's not listed on the window sticker, should I assume it's the smaller of the two sizes?

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Wait until the tank is emptied and then refill the tank and you will know. This is the easiest way.
Or you can sign in (mopar.com) with your (vin number ) all thing about your car is showing

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Your sticker will list the standard equipment first starting at the top left. The it'll list optional equipment and if you have optional packages it'll list the equipment included within those packages. If you don't see a 33 gallon listed anywhere in the list of options, then you have the smaller one.
OR, like ^^^ said, go to https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and put in your VIN in place of all those xxx's.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your sticker will list the standard equipment first starting at the top left. The it'll list optional equipment and if you have optional packages it'll list the equipment included within those packages. If you don't see a 33 gallon listed anywhere in the list of options, then you have the smaller one.
OR, like ^^^ said, go to https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and put in your VIN in place of all those xxx's.

I did this, and according to my build sheet (which otherwise looks 100% correct), my Laramie lvl2 Crew Cab 4x4 truck has a 23 Gal tank... According to other literature, including the Ramtrucks.com website, I should have the standard 26 Gal tank... Because the truck is a Crew Cab.

AndreiV

Reaction score
I did this, and according to my build sheet (which otherwise looks 100% correct), my Laramie lvl2 Crew Cab 4x4 truck has a 23 Gal tank... According to other literature, including the Ramtrucks.com website, I should have the standard 26 Gal tank... Because the truck is a Crew Cab.
Also, I think if you pop your hood, under the hood on the very edge it should have fuel tank size info

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my build sheet says 26 gallon & then under options it says additional 5 gallons. That doesn't add up to 33 so what the #$% does mine mean?

AndreiV

Reaction score
So my build sheet says 26 gallon & then under options it says additional 5 gallons. That doesn't add up to 33 so what the #$% does mine mean?
Additional 5 gallons is what minimum filled in when you buy it. Anything above that, full tank of gas, is up to dealers discretion.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Additional 5 gallons is what minimum filled in when you buy it. Anything above that, full tank of gas, is up to dealers discretion.
Ahh got it, i never thought about it meaning ACTUAL gas !!!!!!!!!!!!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

They put that gas in there so they can move it around if not that's a lot of pushing if you got extras put on by body vendor and for them to drive it onto truck/railcar.

Users who are viewing this thread