5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Injector Cleaner

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone put in a bottle of Fuel Injector Cleaner and if so how often do you do it?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone put in a bottle of Fuel Injector Cleaner and if so how often do you do it?
I put a can of sea foam in twice a year. A trusted mechanic once told me to do that to help eliminate any moisture in the tank/lines. He had nothing to gain by telling me that and I’ve been doing it for almost 20 years. Maybe it doesn’t help anything, but I guess it can’t hurt. He did say never to put stable into anything that it’s bad stuff!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you buy good gas, there is no need for fuel injector cleaner.

Gerry
I have to agree with Gerry.

I've been giving my 2019 Ram 1500 a steady diet of the cheapest 87 gas around and about two months ago I noticed a very slight bumpy idle. Never had this problem with my previous two 1500s. So on a whim I started using Mobil 93+ which is advertised as having 2x the detergents. After three tanks there was a noticeable increase in idle smoothness. I've since been running Mobil 89 and the idle is almost imperceptible and there appears to be a slight increase in gas mileage.

I hate spending 35 to 40 cents more a gallon, but I can tell the engine is running more responsively.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029664 miles.

The_Dude

Reaction score
I run a bottle of gumout complete fuel system cleaner with PEA (techron). Treats 23 gallons, run a bottle through twice a year.

Users who are viewing this thread