5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel cap

Synergy26

Reaction score
Anyone find a fuel cap for the all new ram 2020 ecodiesel?

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Got mine from Amazon. I’ll receive it tomorrow. DEF cap and fuel cap was I think 12 or 15 bucks shipped for the pair. So it’s pretty inexpensive for a little extra protection

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
There’s a lot of anodized aluminum versions out there. For the def as well

I ordered online an aluminum version - but the 2020 new 5th gen diesels have different size - so even though some sellers say it would work, its physically too big to fit the hole..... (and yes... thats what she said too)

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this set, you get 2 at this price.

Works great, Its magnetic can stick it to truck while filling. If you loose one, you got a spare.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score

Works great, Its magnetic can stick it to truck while filling. If you loose one, you got a spare.

I got the diesel one - but on the 2020 ED (new body style) ,it doesnt fill. The Diesel tank filler neck has an extra rib on it, and the circular Aluminum cap wont fit.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Mopar cap. Fits perfect and has a little retention cord. It's a rubber/plastic material

NWRogue

Reaction score
I got this one:

Has grey foam on the back of the cap. The first time I fueled after putting it on the foam stayed in the filler neck. I threw it away, cap still fits and stays put without it. While Amazon and even the Ram parts site say this part fits the 2020 1500, I'm not so sure. The foam was a seriously tight fit.

If you get this cap, I'd recommend taking the foam off before installing, as there were small bits in the filler neck I had to get out before fueling. Don't want that in my tank.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Mines just a metal green one that says diesel fuel only and has a emblem of a filler nozzle pump. It has a rubber O-ring and it fits. I have to give it a little tap to seat it properly but it works to keep the dirt out. Not the greatest fit but it works. The blue one for the DEF side fit perfectly. They were a set $10 off Amazon but it took almost a month to receive it

HST

Reaction score
Genosgarage.com has aluminum caps for the new style fuel filler neck but not 10 $ .

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the amazon one I posted overnight for free. Both are aluminium and magnetic. I got 2 of each. some people in comments say they only got the pair. so I dunno.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this one:

Has grey foam on the back of the cap. The first time I fueled after putting it on the foam stayed in the filler neck. I threw it away, cap still fits and stays put without it. While Amazon and even the Ram parts site say this part fits the 2020 1500, I'm not so sure. The foam was a seriously tight fit.

If you get this cap, I'd recommend taking the foam off before installing, as there were small bits in the filler neck I had to get out before fueling. Don't want that in my tank.
wow $25 for a genuine mopar piece of crap™

Andygzz95

Reaction score

hey @Aseras does it fit good on your ED??

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread