5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frostbite Subwoofer Enclosure

GWOT_made

Reaction score
Ordered the dual 10” sub enclosure from Frostbite loaded with 2 10” kicker COMP R subs. Not sure if it was a manufacturer defect or shipping incident but once I installed I found the voice coils were damaged. Frostbite sent me 2 replacement subs and a return label for the old subs ASAP. Customer service seems to be top notch.

As for the box, I chose with black grey accents and it matches my interior perfectly. In-floor storage is still accessible and the box is almost completely hidden with the seats down. No need to raise the seats or make any modifications.

100% satisfied with the look, sound quality, and customer service.
a311a1d19c341d02291fd90bb98c6073.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWOT_made

Reaction score
Looks great. How does it sound? Any other mods to the sound system?

I have the base stereo so that part is nothing to write home about but the bass is crisp and hits as hard as you want it to. Going to have to upgrade the door speakers to keep up with it now

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused. How are you guys powering your subs? As I understand the factory amp ( alpine system) powers a single triple voice single sub which is wired via selectable impedance to a single terminal on the factory amp. I've read though other's experiences when adding dual aftermarket subs the exhaust note/ active noise cancellation interfere and produce annoyingly loud sub frequencies. are you getting a clear signal?

GWOT_made

Reaction score
I'm confused. How are you guys powering your subs? As I understand the factory amp ( alpine system) powers a single triple voice single sub which is wired via selectable impedance to a single terminal on the factory amp. I've read though other's experiences when adding dual aftermarket subs the exhaust note/ active noise cancellation interfere and produce annoyingly loud sub frequencies. are you getting a clear signal?

I did have to disconnect the ANC module under the driver seat, but even before the subs were installed I had nothing but problems with ANC (whale mating calls at random times while driving). To be honest I didn’t even know I had the feature until I had the truck home, I had to look it up to even see what it was

moparleo51

Reaction score
looks good, how does your mats fit with this installed?

Seadweller23

Reaction score
GWOT_made- Thanks man! I just ordered this from Frostbite after seeing how good it looked in your truck. Cheers, Joe

r
a311a1d19c341d02291fd90bb98c6073.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Nibis

Reaction score
Nice, I need to check them out. Is that a sealed box ?

Nibis

Reaction score
Ordered the dual 10” sub enclosure from Frostbite loaded with 2 10” kicker COMP R subs. Not sure if it was a manufacturer defect or shipping incident but once I installed I found the voice coils were damaged. Frostbite sent me 2 replacement subs and a return label for the old subs ASAP. Customer service seems to be top notch.

As for the box, I chose with black grey accents and it matches my interior perfectly. In-floor storage is still accessible and the box is almost completely hidden with the seats down. No need to raise the seats or make any modifications.

100% satisfied with the look, sound quality, and customer service.

Where did you mount your AMP

Okie2111

Reaction score
Ordered mine on Saturday. Hoping to get it in by Friday for an install on Monday. For those asking about amp placement, check out YouTube. Lots of videos that can give you some ideas.

Nibis

Reaction score
I ended up getting a Fox Acoustics Box, ported, dual 10's, on a 500 watt Alpine amp, sounds good

Okie2111

Reaction score
Finished this weekend. Found out on my 2020 Ram Limited w/ 12” premium sound system all I required was to remove the factory 8”sub and install the “plug and play” AmpPRO AP4-CH41. - nothing else. Period! Not the line out, ANC, or the APH-CH01 that attaches to the AP4-CH41. Crystal clear sound that is optimized through the AP4-CH41 and the settings on the aftermarket amplifier (Kicker). Thanks to Bruce at Frostbitebox, Crutchfield, this forum’s postings, and to Kicker. Never installed a system before. First time for this 47 year old going through mid-life crisis!

31b6ee71d0479f90e0e93fd9bd95157c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread