5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front passenger grinding

Punderwo

Reaction score
19 ram Laramie 4x2
Sport with 22" wheels
5.7 e-torque
Crew cab air suspension

On occasion while decelerating and turning the steering wheel to the right to enter a parking lot or maybe a parking spot, I get a grinding like noise from front passenger tire. I always keep suspension on aero. Could it be tire rubbing? Anyone else notice this?

jimk hunt

Reaction score
19 ram Laramie 4x2
Sport with 22" wheels
5.7 e-torque
Crew cab air suspension

On occasion while decelerating and turning the steering wheel to the right to enter a parking lot or maybe a parking spot, I get a grinding like noise from front passenger tire. I always keep suspension on aero. Could it be tire rubbing? Anyone else notice this?
Well I didn't think this was going to be a tire question ;)

Punderwo

Reaction score
Well I didn't think this was going to be a tire question ;)
I'm not sure it's a tire question. I didn't see a drivetrain section and thought I would try power train. Sounds like grinding and not tire rub though I can't find any evidence of either

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could it be more of a "gear binding" or the same effect of very knobby tires kinda thing? Then it could be driveline related, maybe wheel bearing.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
19 ram Laramie 4x2
Sport with 22" wheels
5.7 e-torque
Crew cab air suspension

Hi Punderwo,
We would recommend vising your dealer if you continue to experience this concern. If you decide to go this route and would like additional assistance throughout the process, we are available through private message!
Laura
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread