5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front mount hitch

James1414d

Reaction score
I had some people ask me to share some details about my front mount hitch. I'm very happy with it for my purposes, which is hauling my scooter. I had the carrier on the back, but then I wasnt able to open the tailgate so this was my solution.
I was able to use the hitch and keep my tow hooks, but if you were doing anything heavy duty with it I wouldn't recommend it. Install was pretty simple. You do need to trim the valence panel, which I need to redo, but it looks clean in my opinion. The factory license plate mount cant be used at the same time, so I dirict mounted the plate to the bumper. ( The hitch is a Curt C87FR which appers to have been updated since my purchase ) 20200722_192120.jpg 20200723_193726.jpg 20200727_193311.jpg 20200727_194055.jpg

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice job with the hitch mount. LOL at the scooter though. (just kidding :p )

Helmetface

Reaction score
Not that it helps you much now, but they have swing arm hitches that can support up to 350lbs.

Keeps that front end looking pretty :)

dj4leaf

Reaction score
How were you able to keep the tow hooks instructions say to remove ? Looking to purchase that mount for a snow blade for snow removal. Looks great..

James1414d

Reaction score
How were you able to keep the tow hooks instructions say to remove ? Looking to purchase that mount for a snow blade for snow removal. Looks great..
I think they tell you not to use the hooks for liability issues. If you get the kit, you'll see why. I think it will be plenty sturdy however.

Users who are viewing this thread