5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Front Level Spacer installed...Now Ready Lift 3.5” lift installed

hazards280

Reaction score
If you're talking about the level and 275/65s they will fit no problem. I put on 275/65s a few days before I did my level and had zero rubbing issues anywhere.

Excellent news! Yes - we're putting the 2" leveling kit on within the new few days and had concerns on the 65 series clearing. I'm glad to hear there's room to spare, even without the level too. We were trying to time the tire install directly after the level, but now we have some flexibility with it working in either order.

Thank for the response!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excellent news! Yes - we're putting the 2" leveling kit on within the new few days and had concerns on the 65 series clearing. I'm glad to hear there's room to spare, even without the level too. We were trying to time the tire install directly after the level, but now we have some flexibility with it working in either order.

Thank for the response!
No problem. Be sure to post some pics afterwards.

Dam714

Reaction score
I installed a Rough Country 2" spring preload spacer and Falken Wildpeak A/T in a 275/65-20. Tires are taller than the 55s that came on it. I think 34" tall vs 32" tall. The downside is they are load range E, so that had me a bit concerned about ride quality. I was also concerned about degrading the ride quality with the preload spacer, and the gearing.
I'll say that the truck looks great, it still rides great and I'm very pleased with the stance and the taller tires. The spacer had very little effect on the ride, if anything it is somewhat improved as it feels a touch firmer and stable. More confident. The tires seem fine although I am running them at a low pressure (38) as far as E load range pressures go. I can feel absolutely zero difference in gearing, acceleration, or power so I'm happy about that. The 8 speed transmission is very forgiving. The only thing I can complain about is the speedo reads 4 mph slow. Haven't looked in to whether the dealer can fix this, or if there's a tuner I can get that will adjust that. Anyone know?
Looks good. Hypertech makes a speedo calibrator.

Rob696

Reaction score
@Agitated - Do you have any rubbing when turned lock to lock? We're looking at doing this to our RAM, but we've yet to find a solid answer on this.

Thanks in advance!

Wheel: 20x9 +18mm offset
Tires: 285/65r20
Stock height, no air supsenion, don't have a leveling kit yet and it fits fine. Will probably be getting a kit sometime in the future just to level out the rake. 275 will work great

IMG_8441_2.jpg

Agitated

Reaction score
@Agitated - Do you have any rubbing when turned lock to lock? We're looking at doing this to our RAM, but we've yet to find a solid answer on this.

Thanks in advance!
I have no rubbing at all. I believe I could even go a bit taller if I wanted to. But I dont want to.

Agitated

Reaction score
Looks good. Hypertech makes a speedo calibrator.
Yes I ended up buying one. I have no faith the dealer will be able to do it anytime soon, if ever. Its cheaper than a speeding ticket I figure. My wife drives the truck sometimes so....

Agitated

Reaction score
Thanks to a very nice member here, I snagged a good deal on a Ready Lift 3.5” kit. I did the install by myself in my garage. Since I already had a leveling spring spacer installed I left it and didnt use the aluminum one in the kit. Frankly I prefer the steel for that part anyway. They were about the same thickness too. I love it. Only thought is I wish they included a rear shock extender. Wont be much down travel now.

Attachments

• 38886E4D-8DE5-41D7-81F4-618864ABB177.jpeg
    38886E4D-8DE5-41D7-81F4-618864ABB177.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Thanks to a very nice member here, I snagged a good deal on a Ready Lift 3.5” kit. I did the install by myself in my garage. Since I already had a leveling spring spacer installed I left it and didnt use the aluminum one in the kit. Frankly I prefer the steel for that part anyway. They were about the same thickness too. I love it. Only thought is I wish they included a rear shock extender. Wont be much down travel now.

Truck looks great!

pber1

Reaction score
It actually looks level unlike other fresh-out-the-box installs! Maybe the steel spacer helped out? It’s looking man!

Users who are viewing this thread