5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Front Level Spacer installed...Now Ready Lift 3.5” lift installed

Agitated

Reaction score
I installed a Rough Country 2" spring preload spacer and Falken Wildpeak A/T in a 275/65-20. Tires are taller than the 55s that came on it. I think 34" tall vs 32" tall. The downside is they are load range E, so that had me a bit concerned about ride quality. I was also concerned about degrading the ride quality with the preload spacer, and the gearing.
I'll say that the truck looks great, it still rides great and I'm very pleased with the stance and the taller tires. The spacer had very little effect on the ride, if anything it is somewhat improved as it feels a touch firmer and stable. More confident. The tires seem fine although I am running them at a low pressure (38) as far as E load range pressures go. I can feel absolutely zero difference in gearing, acceleration, or power so I'm happy about that. The 8 speed transmission is very forgiving. The only thing I can complain about is the speedo reads 4 mph slow. Haven't looked in to whether the dealer can fix this, or if there's a tuner I can get that will adjust that. Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_0187 (1).JPG
    IMG_0187 (1).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 422

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed a Rough Country 2" spring preload spacer and Falken Wildpeak A/T in a 275/65-20. Tires are taller than the 55s that came on it. I think 34" tall vs 32" tall. The downside is they are load range E, so that had me a bit concerned about ride quality. I was also concerned about degrading the ride quality with the preload spacer, and the gearing.
I'll say that the truck looks great, it still rides great and I'm very pleased with the stance and the taller tires. The spacer had very little effect on the ride, if anything it is somewhat improved as it feels a touch firmer and stable. More confident. The tires seem fine although I am running them at a low pressure (38) as far as E load range pressures go. I can feel absolutely zero difference in gearing, acceleration, or power so I'm happy about that. The 8 speed transmission is very forgiving. The only thing I can complain about is the speedo reads 4 mph slow. Haven't looked in to whether the dealer can fix this, or if there's a tuner I can get that will adjust that. Anyone know?
Looks good! My dealer wasn't sure on if they could calibrate the speedo or not yet. There is an aftermarket tool out already. I don't know if it was here or another forum but a user posted it I'll have to find it. I'm taking mine to the dealer Monday to make sure the alignment is done right and will check then. Shop that did my alignment did not seem very confident in it and said their software didn't go to 19s yet so they couldn't hook up to the computer.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the programmer for correcting the speedometer. Hypertech says it works with the 2019.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/vehicle-results.aspx?AAIAID=505570

You can Google the part number for places to buy from. Looks like you may just need to update it. I'm hoping the dealer can do it for me. Dont want to spend 200$ for a tool I will use once then never touch again.

Last edited:

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

that looks great. congratulations :cool: the million dollar question for me is.... with the off road package (1 inch lift) can i level and stuff 295x65x20's in it. once again- nice truck

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that looks great. congratulations :cool: the million dollar question for me is.... with the off road package (1 inch lift) can i level and stuff 295x65x20's in it. once again- nice truck

All depends on the offset of the wheel at that point. 2" in the front allows for 35s

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Thx for the answer. I have been debating the front spacer and tired but my 3.21 gear had me a little concerned. Your truck looks so much better. Going have to make a change.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Why do the trucks not come leveled stock?
Mostly aerodynamics and also I think so it doesn’t look so bad when it squats under load/towing. Pretty sure all manufacturers do it.

Reactions: sgk

sgk

Reaction score
Well, there you go CJ beat me to it. but I agree with him : )

Agitated

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have that stupid carolina lean look when I hook up the camper. I need to figure something out there, maybe air bags in the rear or a 1-2" spacer for the rear if I can find one separately. I don't mind the raked stance, I just wanted the front up a bit higher and taller tires.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have that stupid carolina lean look when I hook up the camper. I need to figure something out there, maybe air bags in the rear or a 1-2" spacer for the rear if I can find one separately. I don't mind the raked stance, I just wanted the front up a bit higher and taller tires.

Getting ready to pick my truck up now. Alignment is done. Dealer said they couldn't recalibrate for the higher tires. Bit of a shame the dealer can't do something a simple aftermarket tool can do.

Agitated

Reaction score
That's what they told me today too. Really not wanting to spend $200 on a programmer but not sure what else to do.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what they told me today too. Really not wanting to spend $200 on a programmer but not sure what else to do.
I think I'm just going to wait for the time being. Just something I have to be aware about since I already have a lead foot. I may call around to a few local shops and see if any of them have the tool capable to do it.

Filet

Reaction score
Looks great. Got any more images to share of it? I'm trying to decide on what leveling and/or lift to put on my new Ram.

hazards280

Reaction score
@Agitated - Do you have any rubbing when turned lock to lock? We're looking at doing this to our RAM, but we've yet to find a solid answer on this.

Thanks in advance!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Agitated - Do you have any rubbing when turned lock to lock? We're looking at doing this to our RAM, but we've yet to find a solid answer on this.

Thanks in advance!

If you're talking about the level and 275/65s they will fit no problem. I put on 275/65s a few days before I did my level and had zero rubbing issues anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread