5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front and rear Ram emblem removal, need help please !!!

JRONBLADES

Reaction score
Trying to remove the front ram emblem on grill, anyone know the way to remove it safety, same for the back ram head emblem on tailgate, Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
front emblems are clips. There gonna break. Rear should be double side tape. What are u trying to do with them

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few have been able to pop off the front but you need a thin instrument and lots of patience. Most break the clips.

The rear is a bit tough. Some have been able to use heat gun and fishing line. Didn't work for me so I masked the area around the emblem and used a body panel pry tool. The emblem split into top and under section on mine. Lots of 3m tape so also need gorilla hand strength.

CaptainHook216

Reaction score
I took off the grill emblem piece(see pics), twisted off the prongs with the one-way washers on the back of the letters, then re-used the washers on the new letters. Snapped the grill piece back on the already-installed grill. Pulling the grill off was the hardest and most time-consuming part. For the tailgate emblem, I marked off around the badge and used a trim tool and flathead screwdrivers to pry it up enough to get my fingers behind it and the gasket piece. 20181211_130506.jpg VideoCapture_20181211-130326.jpg VideoCapture_20181211-130345.jpg 20181206_110132.jpg

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Trying to remove the front ram emblem on grill, anyone know the way to remove it safety, same for the back ram head emblem on tailgate, Thanks

For the front letters, I used a utility knife and slid the blade between the letters and the grill. Once under the letters, I gently twisted the blade until the letters started popping up and then just wiggled them off. Ended up breaking a few of the tabs, but I was replacing with black letters so it didn't matter. It took all of five minutes to do all three.

The back emblem was ALOT more challenging. I pulled the access panel from the inside of the tailgate so I could get to the the back of the emblem, more specifically the tabs on the back of the emblem poking through the metal. Since I was also replacing with a black emblem, I broke the tabs off the existing chrome emblem. The reason I did this is otherwise, there would be no way to get the fishing line to saw through the adhesive all the way to release the emblem. It took quite a long time, and I broke quite a few doubled to tripled strands of 15 pound test line before finally cutting through and finding the promised land. (y)

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Not glued, but has emblem adhesive on the back of it.

dsn112

Reaction score
It is a 5 minute job, I have done 3 of them so far. Cake

dsn112

Reaction score
How do you pull off the front ram section from.the grill as seen in that picture so i can re-use the washers
Why bother, just pop the letters out. Makes no sense to remove the piece like that.

DannyCoal

Reaction score
How do you remove the whole piece ram letters and the backing piece. I want to make something to completely remove the ram letters

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you remove the whole piece ram letters and the backing piece. I want to make something to completely remove the ram letters

These were very helpful with the badge work I did

2780a1ee9c77b15be2ce74af7aaf9f63.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/