5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRONT AIR DEFLECTOR - CHROME Part no. 82215475 Self Install

RT70808

Reaction score
Installed it Friday after work, picked it up from the dealer where I purchased the vehicle. It took about an hour to install. I had to stop by pep boys and buy the plastic clip removal tool to remove 4 clips from the weather seal under the hood. I am not a fan of being able to see the screws, but I’ll get over it. I’ll scan the install directions at work later this week and post them.

5F8839A2-7D23-45F2-8009-FE7AAAC185B9.jpeg 0B4B7115-1F63-4D0E-838D-13E04015C54F.jpeg 47930833-8BA9-4898-BC97-ECA0050BC2DE.jpeg 7CDB8BB5-B23B-4A5E-80A1-28C0CEA14292.jpeg 1BEBF814-FED9-48BD-BF83-EEB23E9B2FF7.jpeg

YardSale

Reaction score
SWEET! Did you have any other color choices when you bought it?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Need a higher angle...use the security camera lol, nice.

Looks clean. Is this mod for aesthetic or do you think those work? I've never had a deflector but have been researching it lately.

RT70808

Reaction score
Need a higher angle...use the security camera lol, nice.

Looks clean. Is this mod for aesthetic or do you think those work? I've never had a deflector but have been researching it lately.
I bought it for function we will see, I take ALOT of rocks to the windshield; bought the truck on a Tuesday, the following Monday took a rock on the way to the airport. <500 miles first rock. I do think it looks good thou.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I bought it for function we will see, I take ALOT of rocks to the windshield; bought the truck on a Tuesday, the following Monday took a rock on the way to the airport. <500 miles first rock. I do think it looks good thou.
Ouch well I hope this prevents anymore rocks. I've seen a 50/50 arguement on the matter.

It definitely looks good though!

Duane

Reaction score
It looks like the fit is very good. I'd like to see a picture taken from eye level maybe 25-30' away.

I have same on my '09 Laramie; mimicked the aerodynamic flow of the front hood lip nicely & has done a great job of protecting the hood paint for ten years & 300+K miles.
Only problem is that the painted soft plastic cover portion on the chrome front bumper is pock-marked to heck.
I am considering a partial clear bra application to the only the forward section of the front clip and also to the lower rocker areas (in-place of the Mopar molded mud flaps).

Not sure which is best strategy for keeping it looking new (while Lifetime Max Care keeps it driving new).....thoughts??

RT70808

Reaction score
I have same on my '09 Laramie; mimicked the aerodynamic flow of the front hood lip nicely & has done a great job of protecting the hood paint for ten years & 300+K miles.
Only problem is that the painted soft plastic cover portion on the chrome front bumper is pock-marked to heck.
I am considering a partial clear bra application to the only the forward section of the front clip and also to the lower rocker areas (in-place of the Mopar molded mud flaps).

Not sure which is best strategy for keeping it looking new (while Lifetime Max Care keeps it driving new).....thoughts??
One of my bosses has his entire Porsche 911 clear wrapped, I didn’t even know until someone mentioned it and asked me if I was going to wrap the ram.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my bosses has his entire Porsche 911 clear wrapped, I didn’t even know until someone mentioned it and asked me if I was going to wrap the ram.

I like the way the Laramie Black edition looks so much that I've considered going with the black and wrapping the whole thing lol. Expensive as hell to do though.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have my front end done(hood, upper/lower bumper, front fenders, a pillars, top of roof and door sills) cost me $1000. Been on there almost 5 years. Will get my new Rebel done too when I order it.

RT70808

Reaction score
As promised, installation sheet with my notes.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram Front Air Deflector with notes.pdf
    924.8 KB · Views: 238

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Didn’t bother checking. The Mopar site lists black or chrome.
You could always get the black one and get it sprayed to match the color of your truck. I will definitely consider doing that. A local body shop may be fairly inexpensive to sand and spray one piece of plastic or whatever material it is made of.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whats the point of this? Was there any drilling needed?

Last edited:

grifodan67

Reaction score
Whats the point of this? Was there any drilling needed?

The instructions say no drilling, but I do not like these types because they attach to your hood. Even though they provide little protective flaps to go between the clip and your hood, if they break down or slip, you scratch the paint on your hood. I had a bugflector II from AVS for my 2014 and it resided under the front of the hood. and never touched the hood itself.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread