5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free eTorque for 1500 Limited?

Desert Snow

Reaction score
I factory ordered a 1500 Limited with eTorque in April. During negotiation this was a $200 up charge over the Hemi, and when I placed the order it had increased to $500 (still got the $200 price).

I just received my window sticker — it clearly lists the eTorque Hemi, but there’s no additional charge for the eTorque.

Anybody know if this is a mistake? Or is the eTorque now a standard option on the Limited?

Desert Snow

Reaction score
On the build page for the Limited the Hemi comes standard and eT is still $500 more. Maybe it just needs to be updated. If they’re throwing it in they must certainly need more trucks going out with that engine to improve their CAFE score.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hemi price increase happened with April 2021 builds that eTorque essentially became a no-cost option.

FCA has struggled with branding as mpg becomes an issue. Both Ford (EcoBoost) and GM (EcoTec) went the “Eco” naming route.

FCA decided to take Continental’s 48V system called “Eco-Drive” and rename it “eTorque” for Wrangler. Keeping the same name for Hemi’s system too. Thinking that would not only sway buyers, but they would also pay for “more torque”.

Seemed like a no brainer for FCA. Increased mpg for CAFE and they get consumers to pay the cost of the 48V system. Win-win

Problem is journalists and consumers don’t notice a difference with the torque. BSG doesn’t pack a big enough punch and it’s output/assist is far too brief. The engine quickly overrides any output.

So unable to “sell it” they have flipped their pricing strategy on both Ram and Wrangler.

It’s only a matter of time before eTorque is standard and there will be an upcharge will be for the regular Hemi.

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But the EcoDiesel didn't change, so it would be $500 less to add an EcoDiesel to a Limited build?

Though the limited base may be an additional $500 higher...

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But the EcoDiesel didn't change, so it would be $500 less to add an EcoDiesel to a Limited build?

Though the limited base may be an additional $500 higher...

Base price 4x4 did increase $250 from $59,900 to $60,150 from February to March

Reaction score
I have the E-Torque in a 2021 Laramie crew cab it was no charge extra for the motor

Users who are viewing this thread