5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford's Diesel F-150

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Hard pass....

For the money, I'd get a slightly used or new 2017 or 2018 Ecodiesel and put GDE tune on from day one and pocket the 20-30k difference for a rainy day.

10 speed Ford doesn't do much for me. Looks of the 15s are better then the 18s personally. All aluminum would be nice for rust but the rest of the truck and the interiors don't feel like a "fit".

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard pass....

For the money, I'd get a slightly used or new 2017 or 2018 Ecodiesel and put GDE tune on from day one and pocket the 20-30k difference for a rainy day.

10 speed Ford doesn't do much for me. Looks of the 15s are better then the 18s personally. All aluminum would be nice for rust but the rest of the truck and the interiors don't feel like a "fit".

GDE tune is a must!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The baby Powerstroke interested me until I found out it has a timing belt instead of a chain. Other than that the engine seems to be performing pretty well from what I have seen, other than the programming hiccup that affected TFLtrucks initial IKE guantlet test. I'd eager to see the new EcoDiesel and how FCA responds to the new Powerstroke.

Users who are viewing this thread