5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford going trucks, suvs...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't particularly care for reading about other brands, but I do realize you have to keep up with what the other guy is doing. At another forum it is always rumbled about Ram being seperated to sell. Looks like Ford may be setting theirselves up for that rumbling also.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/436637002

Interesting read about the truck landscape, guess I won't be picking up used trucks at a discout anytime soon, like I used to. Now they are too popular, just like Mopars...prices are crazy anymore.
1f620.png
1f60e.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amen to that. $3,000-$4,000 increase on F150s in the past few years...as they slowly taking away features or making them optional to boost profits...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It is interesting for sure. I just wonder how that is going to position them for the future if fuel prices rise again. Where I live (B.C) gas has just hit $1.55 a liter, with 3.7854 liters in a gallon we are paying $5.86 Canadian a gallon, my truck has a 121 liter tank so thats $187.55 to fill it from empty. It's currently a pretty big deal around here, I've only driven my truck once in the past week and a half and thats only because I went to see @BobbiBigWheels so it didn't feel right to show up in a Chevy. I'm pretty happy I bought my commuter car as it's already saved me a ton on fuel. Ford isn't going to be positioned well if everyone else sees fuel prices rise as we have here, and to be honest FCA isn't in the best position for that either.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
It is interesting for sure. I just wonder how that is going to position them for the future if fuel prices rise again. Where I live (B.C) gas has just hit $1.55 a liter, with 3.7854 liters in a gallon we are paying $5.86 Canadian a gallon, my truck has a 121 liter tank so thats $187.55 to fill it from empty. It's currently a pretty big deal around here, I've only driven my truck once in the past week and a half and thats only because I went to see @BobbiBigWheels so it didn't feel right to show up in a Chevy. I'm pretty happy I bought my commuter car as it's already saved me a ton on fuel. Ford isn't going to be positioned well if everyone else sees fuel prices rise as we have here, and to be honest FCA isn't in the best position for that either.
That's nuts. We are roughly $2.50/gallon here. Ford will be in a world of hurt.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I compare this loosely to what happened with wakeboard boats. The cost to get a newer wakeboard boat skyrocketed. This has lead to the value of the older wakebaord boats (late 90s to 2005ish, holding or even increasing in value. I think the same will happen to an extent with trucks (of course, there are much more trucks than boats, so volume plays a big factor). New trucks are skyrocketing, so used ones will not depreciate as severely. My dad bought a 2006 Ram 2500 cummins years ago that is worth the same or more today.

But another part is how easy it is to get financing and how most people don't seem to care that they are throwing money away every month on interest payments over and over and over.

Ford isnt doing anything that FCA hasn't already started to do (shifting from small cars and putting focus on SUVs and trucks or other high profit vehicles). Fine strategy as long as fuel prices hold.

Users who are viewing this thread