5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford builds a cabin

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a great commercial. Ram needs to hire Ford's agency.
RAM and Dodge commercials are much better in my opinion.

This was the first ford commercial I have seen in well forever. That seemed like it was actually aimed at a truck guy.

I actually thought it played like a Powerwagon commercial. And the whole scene would play great with a Rebel.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I heard that new F150 hybrid can idle for like 48 hours or something crazy like that. TFL truck did a good video showing what that truck can do, it was quite impressive in regards to the outboard power it has.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Now theres a recipe for engine (cylinder wall gas wash) and valve coking issues! Idling a gas engine like that is not all that smart.
Big trucks use APU’s and its illegal for them in most cities now.

Try telling (dont idle excessively) that to women in their SUV’s in parking lots though...

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Now theres a recipe for engine (cylinder wall gas wash) and valve coking issues! Idling a gas engine like that is not all that smart.
Big trucks use APU’s and its illegal for them in most cities now.

Try telling (dont idle excessively) that to women in their SUV’s in parking lots though...

I would be worried about that as well, though maybe they designed it to cope with that, though in most test I've seen, even with a heavy load, the engine only needed to be idled for relatively short time, turning itself on and off when needed. It does have a rather large battery because it's a hybrid.

redneck

Reaction score
A 3K inverter generator is a lot cheaper... Champion makes one that's popular with rvers. Yeah it's not built in but it is portable... Doesn't have a pricey Ford wrapped around it either

Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start​

Visit the Champion Power Equipment Store
4.7 out of 5 stars 1,424 ratings

Amazon's Choicefor "champion inverter generator"

Price:$1,027.78
yeah i have a fullsize gas yamaha generator for all day use but when i do punch out work & only need to make 1 cut the inverter is much quicker

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I would be worried about that as well, though maybe they designed it to cope with that, though in most test I've seen, even with a heavy load, the engine only needed to be idled for relatively short time, turning itself on and off when needed. It does have a rather large battery because it's a hybrid.
People will laugh but peeps were using their Priuses to run their houses after disasters. . Hurricane Sandy was when I first read about it...

SD Rebel

Reaction score
People will laugh but peeps were using their Priuses to run their houses after disasters. . Hurricane Sandy was when I first read about it...

I wouldn't be surprised, it's got a big battery :)

Though in the next 10 years or so, everything will likely have a big battery or all battery.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Elon Musk has touted the idea of powering your house from your Tesla (in the future). If you were to have enough energy storage both at home and in your vehicle, and especially if you can generate some of it yourself (solar, etc.), then you could move that energy where you need it (house or vehicle). This is not practical for most people right now, but there's a certain appeal to that flexibility.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Elon Musk has touted the idea of powering your house from your Tesla (in the future). If you were to have enough energy storage both at home and in your vehicle, and especially if you can generate some of it yourself (solar, etc.), then you could move that energy where you need it (house or vehicle). This is not practical for most people right now, but there's a certain appeal to that flexibility.
I never messed with my Prius’ electricals but wanted to install an inverter like a couple guys had done on their forum, just to see what it could do.

Now that I have a 67 mile commute each way I miss the ol’ skateboard... don’t dare take the wife’s RAM though!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i like the hi out put power inverter i install aftermarket ones in my truck for construction work

Ram 1500 will be getting an update for 2023. I expect they will introduce something similar.

HemiDude

Reaction score

I will not lie. This commercial got my attention.
Interestingly, there wasn't a segment in that clip that actually lets you visually ingest the actual truck. I was very intrigued in the "new" F150 when they just had their teasers out. Having seen them in real life now, I don't feel like they look much different than the last gen

Boston

Reaction score
If I was in Texas, one of their Powerboost F150 with the 7KW generator would be coming home with me.

Users who are viewing this thread