5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOR THOSE WITH THE MOPAR 2" LIFT

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel and have the chance to get the front shocks from the Mopar 2" lift. I was going to wait until Bilstein comes out with their adjustable front shocks to level my Rebel, after the first of the year. It looks like the Mopar kit lifts the front end 2" with the shocks only, no spacers. So if I get just the shocks I should be able to level my front end with them, am I thinking about this right ? I only need 2" to level the truck. I would probably buy the kit upper control arms separately, about $50 each. Also, for those that have installed the kit do you any before and after measurements at the wheel wells to give me an idea of the real amount of lift after install ? Does the fact that I have a Rebel with the factory 1" lift mean anything in all of this ? Thx.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So to level a Rebel, you need 3.5" of lift from factory ride height. The Rebel comes with 1" off road lift, so you're left with 2.5" remaining to level. The Mopar kit is a 2" increase from a base Ram height, minus the 1" lift from the ORG, leaves you with only 1" added. You still need a 1.5" spacer to level a Rebel if you're using the Mopar 2" kit. Complicated... yes... worth waiting for the Bilstein adjustable struts... absolutely.

I'm currently leveled with a Motofab 2.5" strut top spacer. I will be ripping them out as soon as Bilstein has something adjustable to smooth out the ride a bit... not a fan of spacers but they do the trick on a budget or if nothing is available.

EStein

Reaction score
So to level a Rebel, you need 3.5" of lift from factory ride height. The Rebel comes with 1" off road lift, so you're left with 2.5" remaining to level. The Mopar kit is a 2" increase from a base Ram height, minus the 1" lift from the ORG, leaves you with only 1" added. You still need a 1.5" spacer to level a Rebel if you're using the Mopar 2" kit. Complicated... yes... worth waiting for the Bilstein adjustable struts... absolutely.

I'm currently leveled with a Motofab 2.5" strut top spacer. I will be ripping them out as soon as Bilstein has something adjustable to smooth out the ride a bit... not a fan of spacers but they do the trick on a budget or if nothing is available.

Just heard from Bilstein that they won’t have shocks ready till mid to late 2019...bummer.

UniHorn

Reaction score
So would it be possible to use the mopar 2” kit with a 1.5” spacer to achieve 3.5” on a regular 1500 Laramie? Basically would be the same as the readylift or rough country 3.5” level??

UniHorn

Reaction score
Do you know if you can add a 1-1/2” spacer on top of the mopar kit to give me a total of 3.5”? Just like the ready lift and rough country lifts have?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a non ORP 2-2.5 spacer will level you out. And no upper control arms needed. Anything higher arms are recommended

Users who are viewing this thread