5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following new Ram

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Any idea what that is underneath his truck? I tried to catch up with him, but he turned off before I could get his attention. The way it moved and fluttered around, looked like a strap. 8CFFF1B7-C42D-4DAF-BAD6-E56B578ADB7B.jpeg

sgk

Reaction score
No Idea, but is that a dashcam or phone photo?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. It’s a cover over some cables. A guy stopped me in a parking lot, I had recently ran through a deep puddle in a flooded road at around 35 miles an hour. That’s what pulled it down.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks like the plastic rail guard for the cabling. It’s around that general area.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s a fuel rail cover. Mine did the same thing driving through some heavy storms on the interstate. I drove about 2 more hours with it hanging before I stopped and saw it so I’m sure it’s ground down pretty bad. I’ll see when I get my truck back.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
That has to be the flimsiest piece of junk solution they could've come up with. I was disappointed the first time I got under my truck and saw it. It's still where it should be though thankfully, for now..

383Mopar

Reaction score
I had this happen to my 2019 Larimie today after driving in heavy rain on the interstate. Saw it hanging when I pulled into my driveway. Very upset that such a badly designed clip, 3 of them out of 4 total, ripped Open while driving in heavy rain. How in the world will it last off road? Mine is ground down too the dealer better honor this under warrantee really unacceptable...I guess I will join the zip tie crowd until I get to the dealer. I don’t like that the truck is this delicate just had to have the sway bar links torqued under warrantee due to rattling. None of this inspires confidence for the long haul of ownership.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Does that truck appear its been in a driver side collision? Looks beat up at hell.....or is that just a distorted image?

Users who are viewing this thread