5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster Direct-Fit Active Valve Exhaust

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

I know this is new, but has anyone installed this yet? Looks like it could be the best of both worlds. Quiet when you want it and deafening when you need it.

drrxnupe

Reaction score

Flot

Reaction score
I also did the QTP system and it's great. 99% stock sound levels for normal driving and then just about as loud and obnoxious as you could want when it's open.

drrxnupe

Reaction score
I also did the QTP system and it's great. 99% stock sound levels for normal driving and then just about as loud and obnoxious as you could want when it's open.
Got any vids to share?

CuzznVinny

Reaction score
After a year I'm hoping to revive this thread and see if someone has this system yet. I've been eyeballing it for a while. Looking for something louder than stock but tame enough when closed for 4am cold starts with out wakening the house or neighbors. Also wondering if the remotes program to the homelink like the QTPs do.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I've had it now for some time. I do have the rear resonators removed and cold starts are pretty loud with the valve shut, but it quiets down in just a couple seconds. MDS changes are slightly louder than stock, cruising gets pretty quiet. But, when you get on it or are going up a grade you hear the hemi very well.

With the valve open it is a whole different animal. The only time you don't hear the V8 is when you are at a low cruising RPM with the stereo at a comfortable level. When the truck idles you hear it over the HK radio at level 10.

Homelink programming is 100% programmable and works flawlessly.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yes, welded in place. Most spray cleaners and lubricants have an extension nozzle/straw. Really is a non issue.

Just use a long cylindrical brush for cleaning.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
I've had it now for some time. I do have the rear resonators removed and cold starts are pretty loud with the valve shut, but it quiets down in just a couple seconds. MDS changes are slightly louder than stock, cruising gets pretty quiet. But, when you get on it or are going up a grade you hear the hemi very well.

With the valve open it is a whole different animal. The only time you don't hear the V8 is when you are at a low cruising RPM with the stereo at a comfortable level. When the truck idles you hear it over the HK radio at level 10.

Homelink programming is 100% programmable and works flawlessly.
Hi owns the drone in closed position? You have any videos of it in closed position for sound?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Hi owns the drone in closed position? You have any videos of it in closed position for sound?
I'm not 100% what the first question means. But, there is no discernable drone in the closed position.
I did take some videos, but sound quality just isn't there. The only way is to hear the exhaust in person.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to give an alternative with the QTP cutout: The sound is 100% stock when you close the valve. I installed this one over a muffler because the houses are fairly close together in my neighborhood, and the HOA would have a field day if I cranked my truck at 5:30 AM. It's also great when traveling as you have zero drone at highway speeds with it closed. You can remove the valve with the QTP cutout to clean it as it's just bolted on the end of the cutout flange. The most annoying part was the wiring as there isn't a wireless option, but I mounted the switch at the bottom of my dash next to the hood lever. No one ever sees it, and it's tucked up far enough to where I don't hit it with my leg. Just reach down, pull the lever for 5-6 seconds, and done.

Users who are viewing this thread