5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this exhaust? I am leaning towards it as Kit has Super 50 muffler with 3” tubing and eliminates all resonators. Wish it had 5” tips but could change that.

Anyone who has it please give feedback.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamSco

Reaction score
I have 10,000 miles on this exhaust system. I love it. It can be tame or loud all dependent on throttle pressure. At low pressure, it sounds like an old school big block, low and throaty. At high throttle pressure, it sounds like a frickin hellcat. It's nice an tidy and all the factory hang positions work. The 3" tubing is something I was looking for as most others are 2.5. And I think you'll actually end up liking the looks of the 4" tips (I chose black). Only downside is if you like to use MDS, this system will amplify the gurgle of running fewer cylinders... drives me nuts. Consequently, I disable MDS every time I get in my pickup. Not a big deal for me but eyes wide open, right?

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I have 10,000 miles on this exhaust system. I love it. It can be tame or loud all dependent on throttle pressure. At low pressure, it sounds like an old school big block, low and throaty. At high throttle pressure, it sounds like a frickin hellcat. It's nice an tidy and all the factory hang positions work. The 3" tubing is something I was looking for as most others are 2.5. And I think you'll actually end up liking the looks of the 4" tips (I chose black). Only downside is if you like to use MDS, this system will amplify the gurgle of running fewer cylinders... drives me nuts. Consequently, I disable MDS every time I get in my pickup. Not a big deal for me but eyes wide open, right?

Thank u! I already use manual 8 with stock exhaust. I was looking at black tips too! BTW what did you end up paying? I saw it listed for $565 on eBay but it has since went away.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I like that it actually goes clear to Catted Mid-pipe!

Attachments

• 817843_instructions.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 27

RamSco

Reaction score
Thank u! I already use manual 8 with stock exhaust. I was looking at black tips too! BTW what did you end up paying? I saw it listed for $565 on eBay but it has since went away.

That’s a good price. Thinking I was right at $700 rounded.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Fed Ex delivered today. I have purchased Corsa for my Challenger and loved it but wasn’t worth the money. I purchased Magnaflow for my Denali and it was priced right just sounded lame. Now have purchased Flowmaster and know it is not always liked but this tubing is nice and so much better than factory in regard to size and mandrel bends. We will see how this works out. Installation pics coming this weekend.

0eaafd3f55f7175a3f64dc639fc8fdc7.jpg

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
So far I love it! Getting ready to take it for a decent drive and will report back. It definitely is throaty!

RamSco

Reaction score
So far I love it! Getting ready to take it for a decent drive and will report back. It definitely is throaty!

Next up on the recommended list... cold air intake. I did the S&B. You’ll enhance the sound a bit more and “they” say it will give you some modest MPG gains.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Next up on the recommended list... cold air intake. I did the S&B. You’ll enhance the sound a bit more and “they” say it will give you some modest MPG gains.

I did a Green Filter drop-In and removed the charcoal filter a while back. Probably stay with that for now but thanks for the feedback.

I am scratching my head why this system doesn't get more following. Like I had stated I have owned Corsa and Magnaflow systems and I don't believe you can buy better value with bad *** sound than this. It is tame while cruising around but when you want sound it has it and at a deep growling tone that is wicked. The 3" piping from catalytic converter mid-pipe to muffler and then 3" dual tailpipes from muffler to tips is sick! Perfect bends and fitment. I considered simple muffler replacement when I had Stock system but that would be a waste of money in my opinion. Save just a little bit more and get all that small piping and resonators out of there!

If anyone is looking to do muffler change or delete then seriously take a look at this. You won't regret your decision.

RamSco

Reaction score
I did a Green Filter drop-In and removed the charcoal filter a while back. Probably stay with that for now but thanks for the feedback.

I am scratching my head why this system doesn't get more following. Like I had stated I have owned Corsa and Magnaflow systems and I don't believe you can buy better value with bad *** sound than this. It is tame while cruising around but when you want sound it has it and at a deep growling tone that is wicked. The 3" piping from catalytic converter mid-pipe to muffler and then 3" dual tailpipes from muffler to tips is sick! Perfect bends and fitment. I considered simple muffler replacement when I had Stock system but that would be a waste of money in my opinion. Save just a little bit more and get all that small piping and resonators out of there!

If anyone is looking to do muffler change or delete then seriously take a look at this. You won't regret your decision.
Couldn’t agree more. The quality is clear. The 3” tubing is beefy. And I actually like the 4” tips better that the 5”. Great sound at low to modest throttle pressure and kick butt at more firm pressure. I’ve seen Borla get 3x the attention but when I did my research, it was a no brainer to get this one. Glad you like it.

Thatsme06

Reaction score
I've actually had this setup on for about a year now and love the sound. I did end up installing a Vibrant resonator a couple months back due to some drone and the MDS noise its perfect for me now. Loved the sound without it but a little much sometimes, also looking into 5" tips just feel they fit our bumper openings better. My 4'' tips have actually faded and don't look so good anymore hence looking at the 5".

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Looking at installing a QTP Cut-out up front and also add a resonator for an even quieter mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread