5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Carpet Fitment

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Not trying to be too nitpicky about stuff, but does anyone else have the carpet at the side mid-rear of the front passenger seat "missing" a bit or possibly pulled up? Not sure how normal this is. Driver side has full coverage.
carpetFarView.png
carpetCloseup.png

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would not be satisfied with that, either. Would ask them to replace.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Try pulling that panel off (it just covers the spare tire jack) and see if it just got pushed under the seat. Hopefully that's all it is and you don't have to make a trip to the dealer.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is it that you can see the floor through the seat trim? Are all Rams like that?

Or is that carpet piece you mention supposed to fill the gap?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine do not look like that. bet its caught somehow on that door sill plate. pop is off and see if you can maneuver it into place.

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Try pulling that panel off (it just covers the spare tire jack) and see if it just got pushed under the seat. Hopefully that's all it is and you don't have to make a trip to the dealer.
Pulled the panel off and it is indeed pushed up, however there is no way to pull it into place with the seat bolted down, so when I take it in for the recall work I'll ask them to maneuver it back into place.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Pulled the panel off and it is indeed pushed up, however there is no way to pull it into place with the seat bolted down, so when I take it in for the recall work I'll ask them to maneuver it back into place.
That sounds promising. Just loosen the seat and fix the carpet, hard to imagine the dealer can mess that one up.

Users who are viewing this thread