5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixing the problems

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Given some of the growing pains with the new gen I’d thought I’d provide some feedback from my good experience so far. This is in no way meant to diminish some of the horrible experiences others have had to endure. It’s just been my experience.

- I have never owned a pickup although I’ve driven a bunch and have been in many over the years.
- I have owned many new vehicles over the decades across many brands, sedans, suvs and sports cars
- I am absolutely loving my rebel so far. Ram has ticked every box for me and has gotten everything right. I am also happy with the options I happen to have in the truck, it came with just want I wanted and I didn’t have to pay for the stuff I didn’t.
- This truck looks incredible, rides incredible and gets nothing but compliments from everyone who sees it or rides in it.
- I have been fortunate with not having any major issues with this truck. Everything really has been perfect with the fit and finish and all the really important stuff.
- That said, things go wrong with all (most) new vehicles, especially a new gen, some things minor, other times not so minor. As stated above, mine has been awesome and I consider myself lucky and feel bad for others who have not been so lucky. But when Ram gets it right, it blows everything else away (IMO). When things do go wrong, and eventually things do, it’s important that the dealer gets it right and above them, Ram/FCA gets it right.
- The issues I have had so far:
— Recalls. I never experienced any problems. Brought to the dealer and they did as needed.
— CarPlay/Usb hub started to get glitchy with connecting and disconnecting
— Rear brake assist was very glitchy and would apply brakes erratically.
— dashboard had a minor blemish on drivers side that wasn’t horrible and not easy to see (but I couldn’t unsee it, haha)

My dealer and FCA has been awesome with the above. My dealer, while saying they couldn’t replicate the above, didn’t hassle me about it. They went ahead and ordered and replaced the usb hub. They also replaced the rear brake assist module. Both work perfectly now. Last time I was in for an oil change I pointed out the dashboard and told the tech I was being anal and didn’t expect anything but asked what he thought. He said let’s replace it. They went thru FCA with pics and FCA approved it no problem. I said wow I’m happy and he said FCA is great and they will approve almost anything within reason (his words). Dashboard just arrived and will be assigned to a senior tech next week and replaced (fingers crossed).

So my experience with the (limited) issues that have come up, has been awesome. Having a dealer that gives a %$&@ makes all the difference in the world and they know how to work with FCA etc. They have also provided me with a loaner each time I’ve been there. Some of those have been for days because they admit that they don’t rush the techs and want everything perfect. Works for me!

Again, I know some of you have had some bad experiences with certain things and I’m not trying to take away from that. I just wanted to also give some of what my experience has been so far. YMMV

EddieB

Reaction score
Amen. I couldn’t agree with you more.

Some of our Houston dealerships have the worst service I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread