5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(FIXED!!!) Seat belt issue. First time for me

whododat

Reaction score
I wrapped the left rear seltbelt around the headrest to get it out of the way for something and it is now stuck. I cannot loosen it enough to get it unwrapped from the rear headrest. Does anyone have any suggestions? Believe me, I tried everything so far, except for dismantling anything. The rear headrests cannot be pulled out.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you pull on it enough so you get enough slack (on the door pillar side) so it will unlock and let you pull more out?
Otherwise you may need some tools.

RAM_Jim

Reaction score
If you are unable to get the headrest out and don't want to use tools you can attempt to pull the belt even tighter and hold the slack. You'll need to get at least 1/2" of additional slack which will allow you to then retract that slack and free the belt from the lock mechanism. It's hard but sometimes possible. I've done this on another vehicle of mine.

Rayzram

Reaction score
If a crew cab, try to recline the seat, should bring the headrest to a lower position

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea if this will help but the head rest does fold forward

Rear Head Restraints
The outboard head restraints are non-adjustable, but can be
folded down for improved rearward visibility. Push the
button on the outboard side of the head restraint to release.
To return the head restraint to its upright position, push up
on the head restraint until it locks back into place

whododat

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I have tried most suggestions already but thought they did not come out. I will try that next with small tool.

Users who are viewing this thread