5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fit and finish

Redfour5

Reaction score
I did a thorough look over on my 2021 Built to Serve Billet Silver in the sun and the first thing I noticed was how much better the fit and finish was on this one vs my 2015 Outdoorsman. Even the Rambox doors are well integrated and flat across. I have seen some Rambox doors that were NOT as well done and haven't really looked close at the rest, but my panels, hood, and other areas are very nice. And although I was ambivalent originally on the billet silver color it is very nice with the subtle metallic and the paint job appears very well done. I usually don't even pay much attention to things like this and just sort of took my 2015 as about what you could expect overall with lots of "little" things off but not terribly noticable.

I must admit I now look at ones with the Ramboxes and that appears to be a place where there are..."issues"...on some I have seen. Am I lucky?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I did a thorough look over on my 2021 Built to Serve Billet Silver in the sun and the first thing I noticed was how much better the fit and finish was on this one vs my 2015 Outdoorsman. Even the Rambox doors are well integrated and flat across. I have seen some Rambox doors that were NOT as well done and haven't really looked close at the rest, but my panels, hood, and other areas are very nice. And although I was ambivalent originally on the billet silver color it is very nice with the subtle metallic and the paint job appears very well done. I usually don't even pay much attention to things like this and just sort of took my 2015 as about what you could expect overall with lots of "little" things off but not terribly noticable.

I must admit I now look at ones with the Ramboxes and that appears to be a place where there are..."issues"...on some I have seen. Am I lucky?
Post some pics of the Rambox panel gaps. My last one on the driver's side hit in the front and was wide in back.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky. Lots of rambox owners here who have had complaints about lid fitment. There is apretty big older thread about this issue as well. It's funny that you can even see fitment issues on some of the trucks in commercials. I've figured out how to adjust them so I'm happy with my rambox lid fitment now.

Edit: Here's a couple pics of the driver side rambox lid on my previous truck, showing some of the issues with it.

Attachments

• Rambox lid driver front.jpg
    Rambox lid driver front.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Rambox lid driver rear.jpg
    Rambox lid driver rear.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
Post some pics of the Rambox panel gaps. My last one on the driver's side hit in the front and was wide in back.
Here is one I had... I saw one at the transfer station the other day and at the back it stuck out maybe an 1/8th of an inch very noticable and the crease lines were off.

Edit: looking at the pic, you can see how well the fit and finish is on this particular one. In the 2015, I had gaps in lines wider at one end than the other. The wheel well caps had gaps between the body and the cap... even where the bed comes up to the body was off where the rubber was and then later light rust in the little round slots in that area. One side of the hood lines was wider than the other. Lots of little things like that. This one has none of that. I was kind of impressed...now it appears I may have been a bit lucky too. After writing this, maybe I am a bit more observant and caring than I first intimated.

Attachments

• 20210719_085652.jpg
    20210719_085652.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Here is one I had... I saw one at the transfer station the other day and at the back it stuck out maybe an 1/8th of an inch very noticable and the crease lines were off.
Looks good and in Billet Silver no less!

Redfour5

Reaction score
Looks good and in Billet Silver no less!
I was ambivalent about the color but after a few weeks it is great, really subtly good looking...looks really good with the blacked out "look." The wife loves it got down really close, has a thing for metallic and thinks it matches the trailer well... AND it doesn't show dirt/rain badly at all. The wife has a blacked out Cherokee Elite with every bell and whistle Jeep has in Granite Crystal and when it is freshly washed it is really bad looking. First rain or puddle, a little dust and it looks like crap with the tires standing out most. I frankly am not OCD on these things and fortunately it is in the garage mostly so it doesn't bother me...or I'd be living at the car wash. The white 2015 Outdoorsman was better with dirt and stuff than that Granite Crystal imho.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I was ambivalent about the color but after a few weeks it is great, really subtly good looking...looks really good with the blacked out "look." The wife loves it got down really close, has a thing for metallic and thinks it matches the trailer well... AND it doesn't show dirt/rain badly at all. The wife has a blacked out Cherokee Elite with every bell and whistle Jeep has in Granite Crystal and when it is freshly washed it is really bad looking. First rain or puddle, a little dust and it looks like crap with the tires standing out most. I frankly am not OCD on these things and fortunately it is in the garage mostly so it doesn't bother me...or I'd be living at the car wash. The white 2015 Outdoorsman was better with dirt and stuff than that Granite Crystal imho.
Yeah I was going to do Granite Crystal myself but I live on gravel so it's never clean for long. It's a color that's awesome clean but hard to keep that way.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to do Granite Crystal myself but I live on gravel so it's never clean for long. It's a color that's awesome clean but hard to keep that way.
Yes, I'm finding the Billet Silver just sort of sucks up light dirt and rain spots and they are hardly noticable as you walk up in a parking lot. I'm very pleased with it, surprisingly... On the granite crystal, you don't buy em dirty so when you see em at a dealer, they are really bad *** looking... Then it rains or you run down a dirt road or a puddle...

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Yes, I'm finding the Billet Silver just sort of sucks up light dirt and rain spots and they are hardly noticable as you walk up in a parking lot. I'm very pleased with it, surprisingly... On the granite crystal, you don't buy em dirty so when you see em at a dealer, they are really bad *** looking... Then it rains or you run down a dirt road or a puddle...
I was "this close" to ordering in Granite Crystal and as I was driving through town to get to my dealership to finalize the order I saw no less than 5 similar colored vehicles of various makes and every single one of them had dust and/or water spots all over it. I pulled into the dealer lot and said to myself, "What the @#$% am I thinking?!?! I live on gravel, dummy!" So Billet Silver it was. (My first choice was to go with Bright White again which looks really good with the chrome accents, but my last 3 Rams were that color and I'm ready for a little something different.) Yes, I might be in the "minority" anymore wanting some chrome on my truck but I'm not into the monochrome and/or murdered out look myself. Also, it's easier to clean off bugs, etc. from a chrome bumper than painted and much harder to get rock chips.

Users who are viewing this thread