5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Truck Purchase....Ever!

NCGermerican

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I've been using the forum for info gathering over the past few weeks and thought I'd finally make a post. I purchased a 2019 1500 Laramie Black Edition 2 weeks ago. This is the first truck I've ever purchased/owned, but is my 3rd straight MOPAR. I traded in my beloved 2016 Charger Scat Pack in Billet Silver. I purchased a 2018 Durango R/T for my wife about 1.5 years ago.

Options (how the dealer ordered it):
Black Edition w/ 22 inch wheels
Level 2 w/ 12 inch screen
Air Suspension
Sunroof
Bed package
Stationary side steps

I've already begun to tinker. Here's a list of what's been done so far:
AFE Intake
Pulsar
Flowmaster FX Muffler (good upgrade but I wish it was a tiny bit louder)
RAM Sliding Bed Divider
BAK Revolver X4 Bed Cover
20% Tint on Front Windows
305/45/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Overall - I love it. The Scat Pack was EXTREMELY fun, but the only options it had were the upgraded wheels (I installed 20" Demon reps for 315's anyway) and navigation. I really wanted some more luxuries like leather/alcantara and a better stereo - the factory "Alpine" in the Charger was less than impressive. With 2 growing kids and a bunch of DIY home projects coming up, a truck just made more sense than the Charger. I do miss that 392 though.

I'll try to post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks!
-Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online