5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Time RAM Owner from SC

ramblin84

Reaction score
Just came home with a '22 Big Horn Night Edition Crew Cab in Granite. Never been an "identity" truck owner so the whole Ford vs. Chevy thing I could care less. My dad had a '69 C-10 (454 motor) and I started driving at 15 in a '73 C-20; later my dad's work truck was an F-150 with the original IH 7.3L PowerStroke, all amazing trucks. But, I always focused on reliability, resale value, and features (in that order). I've owned 3 Tundras but was not happy with ride comfort and I don't like the new '22 redesign. So here I am.

I'm more than impressed with my new RAM in every way possible. It had just arrived at one of the local (Greenville SC) dealers. It's a little bit of an odd configuration in that it's a Big Horn but has more bells and whistles than most Laramie or Limited models with the exception of leather. The Night edition is what I liked most coupled with the panorama sun roof and 12" U Connect system.

Looking forward to learning more about RAMs and what, if any, other aftermarket add-ons I might consider. I (my wife) did manage to talk the dealer into a $1000 allowance for nerf bars but I opted for the tri-fold hard tonneau cover (made by Bakflip).

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! Share some pics when you get a chance!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came home with a '22 Big Horn Night Edition Crew Cab in Granite. Never been an "identity" truck owner so the whole Ford vs. Chevy thing I could care less. My dad had a '69 C-10 (454 motor) and I started driving at 15 in a '73 C-20; later my dad's work truck was an F-150 with the original IH 7.3L PowerStroke, all amazing trucks. But, I always focused on reliability, resale value, and features (in that order). I've owned 3 Tundras but was not happy with ride comfort and I don't like the new '22 redesign. So here I am.

I'm more than impressed with my new RAM in every way possible. It had just arrived at one of the local (Greenville SC) dealers. It's a little bit of an odd configuration in that it's a Big Horn but has more bells and whistles than most Laramie or Limited models with the exception of leather. The Night edition is what I liked most coupled with the panorama sun roof and 12" U Connect system.

Looking forward to learning more about RAMs and what, if any, other aftermarket add-ons I might consider. I (my wife) did manage to talk the dealer into a $1000 allowance for nerf bars but I opted for the tri-fold hard tonneau cover (made by Bakflip).
I hear you and feel the same with my big horn built to serve. All laramies and rebels that were available within 250 miles were less equip. The rebel was very tempting.
Didn't look into any limited.

ramblin84

Reaction score
Keep in mind, I bought this from dealer inventory the day it arrived.
Without inserting the full window sticker, the big ticket items are:
  1. Panoramic double panel sunroof
  2. 12" U-Connect screen and controls
  3. Cargo bed package with lighting, rails, & sprayed liner
  4. Trailering package
  5. Night edition
  6. Tri-fold hard top tonneau
The sticker on this Big Horn was more than the showroom Laramie and several others. The only thing it didn't have that's normally a showstopper for me is leather. Same for my wife but when we drove two trucks back-to-back, she much preferred the cloth seats. So we went for it.

Users who are viewing this thread