5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First real off-road session ...

RAM805

Reaction score
Hey y'all ...

Took my '19 out to Hungry Valley SVRA at Gorman yesterday. Had a total blast. She's a big girl but still does quite well on trails in sand and mud. Tried most of the gear, 4WD auto, 4WD high, 4WD low and rear locker (great for 2WD rooster tails in the sand lol). The powering folding mirrors came in very handy in tight spots. I did kinda screw up though. Made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up driving up a canyon I shouldn't have. Turn after turn it got more "concerning" until I was basically screwed. Couldn't back down. The last turn was a foot narrower than my truck so I had to attempt a U turn. 18 point turns later I had her turned back around headed back down the canyon. You know that scene in Austin Powers with the electric cart in the hallway? That. Unfortunately the front and rear bumpers were wounded in battle. But she did her job and didn't leave us stranded in a canyon. Can't wait to go again. Great truck!

IMG_3408.jpg IMG_3425.jpg IMG_3440.jpg IMG_3439.jpg IMG_3443.jpg

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Ugh.... ya hate to see it.....

That's the risk you take tho.... I guess you'll have to just get full offroad bumpers now and let us know how it does!! Haha

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Turn after turn it got more "concerning" until I was basically screwed. Couldn't back down. The last turn was a foot narrower than my truck so I had to attempt a U turn.

That is always my fear on a new trail with this wide and long pig lol. Glad you made it out OK! Battle scars are good to go! A little rubbing compound and polish can probably get the panted bumpers looking pretty good again.

16Taco

How'd you get the stock rebel wheels? Looking for options, how'd you order them?

Tac747

Reaction score
How'd you get the stock rebel wheels? Looking for options, how'd you order them?
Look for custom tire/wheel places or someone who sells take offs. Found mine on craigslist and the guy had probably 50 sets of takeoffs with everything from rebels to all the different 20" wheels available. Got mine for 1600 including the tires that still had some of the little nubs from manufacturing. I was told they only had 150 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpeg
    IMG_1048.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 130

viathanmk112

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread