5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Drive in the Snow!

TimG

Reaction score
So, lets get past the fact that its only October 3rd and I'm making a post about driving in snow. Waaaaaayyyyy too early, but I guess Mother Nature has a sense of humor. Anyway...

The good:
-Sticks to the road like glue! There was about 2 inches of accumulation is some spots, and I was doing 65-70 the whole time in 2wd. Not a single wiggle.
-Windshield Defrost and Wipers: Set the defrost to 70 degrees, Fan Level 2, and had no problem with fogging at all. Also had the moisture-sensing wipers on auto set to medium speed/frequency/sensitivity. Clear as a bell!

The "Bad":
-LED Headlights. This is where you really see the difference between halogen and LED. The pattern/diffusion was fine, but something about the LED's makes the snow "Reflective" or more pronounced. Its really not that big of a deal to me personally, but I know its going to make the old lady better half motion-sick for sure. I guess if you have to drive in snow, do it during the day:LOL:

Here's the view from the truck. Not a great pic, but gets the point across I think
. IMG_20181003_062412480.jpg

nlindste

Reaction score
I believe the issue revolves around the color of the lights, most lighting for inclement weather is amber which the halogen lights are kinda close to.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Won't be long til we get some snow.

Thanks for the review of the Rebel tackling Mother Natures challenge.

Anxious to hear how the eLocker works in the winter weather driving conditions.

TimG

Reaction score
Anxious to hear how the eLocker works in the winter weather driving conditions.

Admittedly, I was going too fast to try to engage it:ROFLMAO:. Hopefully this front rolls out of here soon and some good weather follows so that I can get out on the trails and do what I bought this thing to do!

Users who are viewing this thread